Im new here!

MysticSoda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, im new to this forum, and newish to photography. Let me tell you a bit about my self.

I was born in Portland, im 15 years old, and my dad used to own a photography store, but that was about fifteen years ago, when digital wasnt available. But he bought me a Canon 10D last Christmas with a mediocre Canon 28-80. I played with it for a few months, then bought a 50mm Canon macro 2.8 from my local Shutterbug. I loved the lens! Getting close up to insects and flowers and water and stuff is great! My dad then bought a Tamron 28-200 i believe and i tried it out a bit, not as fun a lens as the macro but it was nice to experiment.

I recently put it up on ebay, and sold it for about 230 bucks, nowim spending that money towards a 100mm macro from canon. the f/2.8. Should be ordering it in a few weeks. :)

Ok so getting into my skills, im not anything amazing, and i dont know a lot about aperture, or how to set a good manual aperture, and shutter speed combination in certain lighting conditions, but i have been told by numberous people i do have a good eye for pictures. Ill post a few of my recent macros, and stuff! Tell me what you think! Please make me feel welcome and dont hesitate to ask me questions or comment! :p thanks a lot!

(Oh and these pics might not be super amazing quality as they are being pulled from my facebook) :lol:

profile.php

profile.php

Oh and does anyone know how to make the pictures show up? I couldnt figure it out! Thanks

I'm new here also ..glad that I meet you mysctic..at least I am not the only newbie that is roaming around...

Heya Soda and Lutz, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
I moved this post to the right place, i.e. The Beginners's Forum.
You're trying to link your pics from your Facebook album? Well, the URL you use must end in .jpg --- any other URL will not result in a viewable photo, just in a red x. As you can see. Try to find that URL, follow the steps as giving in the link of dark_shadow's post and you should be ok. (I hope).

welcome to the forums,, im new here also

Most reactions

Back