I'm new to the area of photography

The Desolate One

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I'm new to the area of photography (at least as a hobby). I live in Los Angeles, don't hang around too many people, and was looking for a hobby to get into that didn't require me to have "partners". Photography made a lot of sense. It's cheap (AFTER you buy the camera), you do it by yourself, and you can contribute images to others on the net and get to know others on the net. 3 years ago, before I photography was even in my mind as a hobby, I bought a Canon Powershot A570. I only used it once in a great while. One day I put it in the closet, where it still is to this day. Last year, I saw a sale on digital cameras that included an Olympus FE-4000 for $99.00. I bought it, used it for about a month, and noticed that about half the pics I took with it came out blurry. I got so fed up with that camera, I gave it away to a friend for free. Last month was the time when I decided I needed a hobby that was good for solitary people. THIS time, I got online and researched digital point and shoots for 2 WEEKS. I eventually stumbled across the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7, which was rated by multiple online digital camera review sites as one of the top 3 digital point and shoots of 2009. It's got it's downfalls, but even so, is considered one of the best point and shoots currently on the market. I decided that was going to be the one I was going to get. I found an online deal for it for $319.00 and ordered it. It took about a week to arrive, and I've been playing around with it for the past couple weeks. I hope there are people on here that also own the camera, as I am DESPERATE to learn how to learn various methods and settings for good pics. I plan on u/lding shots and have no problem with constructive criticism. Also, if there's anyone on this site that has the camera and can use it fairly well, please let me know as I'd love to add you to my friend's list so you can give me tips and pointers. Well, I guess that's QUITE an introduction. I look forward to meeting people on here and becoming a better photographer!

Welcome to the forum. I do not have your camera but I thought I should stop by and say hello :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back