I'm new to this place (about 30 mins. old) what do you think about these pics.

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have no formal training (just started taking pics since August), but I though I would see what people thought of these... Please be as hard as you want on the pics. I need all the advice I could get.
275709566_b1d3ce5766.jpg

285319050_dedd111821.jpg

275709582_dbcf4924a6.jpg

285322893_c4c9906e72.jpg

285322897_b319dfbeeb.jpg

285322898_ab9fc3cc2e.jpg

I add a couple more to this one...

welcome to the forum

really like number 1 & 4

Well you have an eye for shooting... I can tell that by the composition of the shots...

Now as far as critiquing... I am at work and my monitor kinda stinks... but I will give a try..

#1 Caught my eye right away (because I am a railroad photographer...LOL) but I noticed it is blown out a little... a slightly faster shutter or a smaller aperture would fix the problem right up...

#2 Same as #1 but a little less needed...going by the "rules" of shooting though the composition is dead on in my book... just needs some more contrast..

#3 the horizon is off...using your focus points in the camera as judgement points will help you keep your horizon level and usually enhances the picture...

#4 Is good as is... I like it..

Overall you did a fine job for just starting out... practicing up a bit with your cameras settings and you will be on your way...

Good job!

Welcome to the forum. You may be new to photography but I think you have a good eye for composition. I will look forward to seeing more of your work.

Eric

Welcome to the Forum! I, too, am just learning about photography. I think I drove a tractor like in #2 in my younger days. #4 is my favorite!

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, BobblyBill.
You may be new to liking photography, but you apparently know well WHAT you want to achieve.
I quite like the POV (point of view) and DOF (depth of field) in your first photo here ... and the fact that it gives me the chance to use the two most confusing (to newbies) but most frequently used TPF abbreviations in one sentence so you know what they are once and for all. If I could still ask you if you used USM for that one, it would include the third abbreviation that made me wonder for quite a while what it might stand for: unsharp mask. ;)

I like the contrasts and abstractness of the last very much, too.

No need to tell you all over again that the horizon line in the third is tilted, is there. OK.

you frame your shots well.

train track photos are tough. they usually come out cliche as hell.

Orgnoi1 said:
Well you have an eye for shooting... I can tell that by the composition of the shots...

Now as far as critiquing... I am at work and my monitor kinda stinks... but I will give a try..

#1 Caught my eye right away (because I am a railroad photographer...LOL) but I noticed it is blown out a little... a slightly faster shutter or a smaller aperture would fix the problem right up...

#2 Same as #1 but a little less needed...going by the "rules" of shooting though the composition is dead on in my book... just needs some more contrast..

#3 the horizon is off...using your focus points in the camera as judgement points will help you keep your horizon level and usually enhances the picture...

#4 Is good as is... I like it..

Overall you did a fine job for just starting out... practicing up a bit with your cameras settings and you will be on your way...

Good job!

How do I get "more constrast"... Is that after the picture is taken or is there away to get constrast with the camera? I would love to know. Thanks for the comments btw. I don't have enough money to buy any postpicture taking software and I want them to be as close to what the camera actually took. I know that some films (just doing a little research lately) have different contrasts. I know most people out there are digital now but the camera I got was a cheap one (Canon EOS ELAN II 35mm (a hand me down from my sister cause she went digital)). And no I didn't use a USM or whatever that abreviation was LOL...:lmao: Just a small f setting (how would you say that).

If you stop down the lens or speed up the shutter by a setting or two the highlighted areas wont be as extreme which will inevitably cause more contrasting colors...

welcome! i am new as well.

i enjoyed your images. my only suggestion in on the tractor image - watch how where an image cuts off. i keep getting distracted by the steering wheel that is cropped. keep shooting!

Good stuff, i wish i was that good when i started. Come to think of it...........................................................wish i was that good!!!! lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back