I'm not dead... but I kinda feel like it.

misstwinklytoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We've been moving for about 2 weeks now. Ugh. We're almost out, but my husband had to have his gallbladder removed Wednesday along with another procedure.

Wednesday was an unexpected 10 hours at the hospital with 2 kids who were VERY bored. I thought I'd die by the time we got home at midnight. Especially with trying to take care of my VERY drugged husband.

He's been recovering very well, though. Thank Goodness. We've had issues with the bank and the stupid dr and his checks. Go figure. Just more CRAP to stress over.

So, now we're in the new house, but there's still a few things at the old house that have to come out before March and I've gotta go clean it. And we've got Daddy home from the hospital and trying to recover before he goes back to work Tuesday.

I can honestly say I'm SOOOO ready to pull my hair out if things don't get back to normal soon!!!

On a positive note, my new dining room gets AWESOME afternoon sunlight and I can't wait to hook up a back drop and throw my kids in there for me to practice on some inside light stuff.

My boudoir shoots went awesomely and the ladies loved the shots and the recipients of the gifts loved them as well. That makes me very happy.

I hope you've all been doing well and it's good to be (semi) back. We lost both of our computers in the move so I've had to break out the lap top. My hubby's computer is old and the power supply finally went out and it's not really worth replacing. I got a virus the night before we moved, go figure. I hate the laptop. I also hate that my legal full version of photoshop came in and I don't have a computer to install it on. Hopefully my hubby can fix mine, soon.

The new forum is.... confusing, so far. I'm sure as addicted as I am I'll have it figured out soon. :sexywink:

I'm having an anxiety attack just reading your thread. I went thru a gallbladder attack, not fun. Easiest way to do sit ups tho:lol:.

Don't worry, everything is going to be okay. You'll see. If there is anything we can do from here just ask.

This is a good opportunity to show what humans are very good in: to adapt. Look for the bright things in everything that happens and keep breathing. As ugly as anything might look, it can always turn out ok in the end.

I had my gallbladder removed when I was 18 and a senior in high school. Worst experience of my life.

Ooo, I sympathize with you husband on the gallbladder. I had mine out about 2.5 years ago, but not before years and years of attacks beforehand. I would not wish that pain on anyone, at times it was worse than labor pains (and I had two unmedicated births!). I'm so happy I had the surgery, it's nice to be able to eat without worry of another attack.

Anyway, deep breaths, have a nice cup of tea and dream of the lovely shoots you'll be able to do in your new dining room!

Bellaluna, I can't eat without fear since my surgery. In fact, I've got to be extra careful. Any high greasy, fatty foods and I'm bound to be in trouble. My entire diet has changed since my surgery.

I just moved with 3 one year olds. So.. hang in there LOL.

Really? I've heard of some having trouble after surgery, but I've not noticed any significant changes, other than no more pain. I read once about an enzyme that can be taken orally that mimics essentially what the gallbladder does that can sometimes help. I forgot what it's called, though, might want to ask your doctor about it.

The week of recovery after my surgery was tough, but since then, it's been wonderful. I'm happy to have that evil little organ gone!

ETA: I meant to quote rickabobaloey, but I'm still getting used to the new forum and apparently hit the wrong button.

My husband is actually doing really well. we've "tested" all kinds of food except fried foods and he's handled them all well so far. He said he feels weird/different. I guess that's what it feels like to miss an organ, but he's had barely any pain.

Bad news... I woke up this morning at 4am to an 8 yr old with a 103 fever. Possible bronchitis (from my diagnosis). Guess we'll find out if her doctor is open on President's day. Unfortunately we're missing a day of school, too because they were supposed to go today to make up for an ice day.

I also was going to start my p90x again this morning, but that isn't happening with her sick and him sick and the 2 year old not understanding any of it.

I'll make it, I have no doubt. They will too. But man, what I wouldn't give for an hour or so just to MYSELF to get a mani/pedi or something. I know how selfish this sounds, and I suppose it really kinda is... but being a SAHM for the past almost 3 years has really shown me how much stuff I do that goes unappreciated and how few breaks these other SAHMs get. Breaks are a Godsend and are often taken advantage of. (Even if those "breaks" are a job out of the home.)

Anywho. Thanks for all of the support and thankfully my hubby is doing well after the surgery. Not really sure I could handle him doing badly and a sick kid and a well 2-yr-old with no help. I don't do anxiety well.... at all.

My husband is actually doing really well. we've "tested" all kinds of food except fried foods and he's handled them all well so far. He said he feels weird/different. I guess that's what it feels like to miss an organ, but he's had barely any pain.

Bad news... I woke up this morning at 4am to an 8 yr old with a 103 fever. Possible bronchitis (from my diagnosis). Guess we'll find out if her doctor is open on President's day. Unfortunately we're missing a day of school, too because they were supposed to go today to make up for an ice day.

I also was going to start my p90x again this morning, but that isn't happening with her sick and him sick and the 2 year old not understanding any of it.

I'll make it, I have no doubt. They will too. But man, what I wouldn't give for an hour or so just to MYSELF to get a mani/pedi or something. I know how selfish this sounds, and I suppose it really kinda is... but being a SAHM for the past almost 3 years has really shown me how much stuff I do that goes unappreciated and how few breaks these other SAHMs get. Breaks are a Godsend and are often taken advantage of. (Even if those "breaks" are a job out of the home.)

Anywho. Thanks for all of the support and thankfully my hubby is doing well after the surgery. Not really sure I could handle him doing badly and a sick kid and a well 2-yr-old with no help. I don't do anxiety well.... at all.

Wow, you just cannot catch a break, can you? I was a SAHM for 9 years, my youngest started school this past fall so I'm working part time and going back to school this fall, so I'm just now getting back out. I know the unappreciated feeling, it's tough, but for me, it was 100% worth it in the end. Maybe treat yourself to a spa day, schedule a week or two out so you know your husband is better to watch the kids and go have a "you" day. Goodness knows it looks like you need it!

Hope your daughter feels better soon!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back