I'm published! Or my camera is anyway.... :)

bazooka

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.dirtjournal.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of our investigative reporters did a story on a local photog that seems to be ripping people off... she doesn't give her side of the story but I suppose it's pertinent to the forum.... she asked me if they could use my camera for B roll and I couldn't say no. :lol:

[video]http://www.click2houston.com/news/Photographer-disappoints-families-customers/-/1735978/9279770/-/b7h4c4/-/index.html[/video]

She does give her side of the story at the bottom and on page 2.... sounds like a series of misfortunate events.

Her side of the story sounds like fresh, still steaming BS to me.

I believe the photographer in the story is a member on another forum I visit daily.

I just checked, and see that photographer has changed her screen name on that forum, but hasn't posted there since early January.

Last edited:
The story sounded very sketchy to me....

Your Canon, lens, and flash looked great on-camera! But it did look a bit over-sized; I think it''s true what they say--being on TV adds 50mm in focal length!!!

Your camera was the best thing about the story!

You're camera looked schmexy! Hopefully no one will recognize it now and think it was involved! lol
As for her story- simple communication could've avoided her that embarrassing camera time and bad publicity. If you are really having issues with a lab, why would you not contact your clients and let them know? It baffles me how some people can be so oblivious to how important communication with your guests is to maintaining an acceptable level of service? :/

This is pure conjecture on my part but it sounds like she underestimated the processing time for doing post work. She got lots of business lined up, was having fun runnin' and gunnin' and getting paid and by the time she realized how much time it was going to take she was already behind. She probably didn't want to cancel or postpone her scheduled shoots and it went down hill from there. The whole lab moving bit is probably just her way of trying to save face.

Obviously her follow up is horrible, it's all her fault that she didn't follow up with the lab for 8 weeks but she is trying to blame the lab. Not all photographers are good business managers, I hope she learned a lesson with that experience but after reading her reply it does not appear she did.

"Parsons said if any one of those groups had checked the BBB's website before they paid Koppi Write Photography, they wouldn't have seen a single complaint."

$#%^ing Bestbuy photographers must have their own list on the local BBB web sites
bigthumb.gif

I'll make sure to foward your kind compliments to my camera. I hope it doesn't let it go straight to its.... ehh..... hotshoe? :)

I can understand a noob BB/CL photog getting into trouble after offering dirt cheap packages (speculation, no idea what her prices are) and having a ton of clients, and then getting everything mixed up and not knowing what to do, but to continue to leave your site up advertising for more clients? Not good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back