I'm so frustrated I want to throw my camera!

SimOtakuGirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
No matter what kind of lighting and camera settings I use none of my pictures come out the way I want them to. I want to take macro shots but it's too much exposure or too little light or too blurry no matter what settings I use. I hate my camera I'm so upset!

Sometimes when I am up photographing the cliffs that surround my neighborhood, I can't help but feel the urge to chuck the camera over. And i'm not talking little "send in for repairs", 50' cliffs either. I'm talking about cliffs that would bust any camera into a zillion pieces.

A proper camera will help, but unfortunately frustration comes with the territory and once you gain experience and skill, you only end up pushing yourself further.

No matter what kind of lighting and camera settings I use none of my pictures come out the way I want them to. I want to take macro shots but it's too much exposure or too little light or too blurry no matter what settings I use. I hate my camera I'm so upset!

Post an example

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Have you considered reading some books about lighting, composition and exposure?
If not, I would highly recommend it as it helps you read the scene much better and teaches you how to achieve the desired results.
Try Bryan Peterson's: Understanding Exposure
I've read it and has definitely helped. There are also many tutorials and such, try doing some searches in the forum as well, there's a lot of very knowledgable people who written tutorials and or recommended ways to improve.
Keep Shooting

Also give us some details about your setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

F*ck bryan peterson.

there. i said it.

Yeah, I just wasn't a big fan of that book. It's simultaneously too technical for most newbies to really 'get it' and has a lot of fairly basic blatantly incorrect statements.

I much prefer Michael Freeman's Perfect Exposure. Though it is less technical and more about how to think about exposure. He sort of takes for granted that you can get your settings under control, and teaches you how to decide what exposure you want, and why you might want it, and how to artistically make exposure decisions.

bryan peterson makes beginners feel like they're getting something when they aren't. it's just a bunch of fluff.

that, and his hair. wtf. he looks like kenny g with a camera.

lol. no. not at all. just been receiving a lot of thanks and compliments around here.

have to keep up appearances.

bryan peterson makes beginners feel like they're getting something when they aren't. it's just a bunch of fluff.

that, and his hair. wtf. he looks like kenny g with a camera.

"you understand that aperture, ISO and shutter speed change exposure! You are a PRO NOW!"

I'd really like the OP to post some examples...with exif.

I should really make an index of everything I can't stand. It'd be like the Dewy system, only each subcategory would be things I have greater disdain for:

• Photographers (some disdain)
    • Profesional Photographers (moderate disdain)
    • Derrel
      • Celebrity Photographers (significant disdain)
        • Bryan Peterson
          • Celebrity photographers who are celebrities because they have blogs
            • Zack Arias (extreme disdain)
  • High Definition Television Sets
    • HGTV

I should really make an index of everything I can't stand. It'd be like the Dewy system, only each subcategory would be things I have greater distane for:

• Photographers (some disdain)
    • Profesional Photographers (moderate disdain)
    • Derrel
      • Celebrity Photographers (significant disdain)
        • Bryan Peterson
          • Celebrity photographers who are celebrities because they have blogs
            • Zack Arias (extreme disdain)
  • High Definition Television Sets

distane?

edit: woah, between my reply and the posting it was edited. weird.

Most reactions

Back