I'm so happy! New film camera.

pistolero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a newbie to photography. Been taking regular mediocre family pics on digitals for the last few years. Due to recent circumstances I've taken an interest in learning how to actually take GOOD pictures. I've been unemployed since September though, so of course I have a very tiny budget to feed my new obsession.:grumpy: I got a hold of a Fujifilm Finepix S2950 and it takes decent shots.
Yesterday afternoon I was looking at the film cameras in a local pawn shop, and they had a Canon EOS Rebel G with the cheap kit 35-80mm lens on it marked at $50, I talked them down to $35 and left with it. It seems hardly used. I was not expecting much so I loaded it with some Fujifilm Superia 400 and snapped 24 pics around the house. Dropped off the film at the Walgreens down the street. Came back an hour later and I am very pleased with what came out. Got some good sharp pics. I should have gotten the negatives scanned to a CD but I was in a hurry just to see if the thing worked or not.
I can see why the digicams are so popular. Easy to use, good pics and easy to share. I am so excited with the film prints but I can't post them online or email them.
Anyway I'm happy with the $35 Canon. I really want to pic up something more old school next, an old, manual, big heavy metal framed beast. The Rebel weighs nothing and my hands are getting a little shaky in my old age, thinking something with some weight would be steadier.

Ive got a Mamiya C330 tlr and it takes get shots and they are not too expensive on ebay, here's a couple of recent shots, i develope B+W at home with Rodinal so it works out cheap

img058-L.jpg

lone-tree2-L.jpg

So, while I can't post pics taken with my new film camera, yet, here are some pics of the film camera taken with the Fujifilm digicam:

T_K_057.jpg

T_K_068.jpg

T_K_069.jpg

T_K_063.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back