I'm so uncomfortable. -- I finally bit the bullet.

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
UUUUUUUGH, I finally found a reason to need Adobe CC, dammit.

I'm so uncomfortable right now.

I've never purchased anything and not been excited about it, and all I have is complete apprehension about the fact that I just bought something that I have to pay a subscription for the rest of my life if I want to keep photographying.

I just don't like change.

I HATE change.

:lol:

But.

I need Lightroom and Photoshop to be retina ready.

So I did it.

(Someone hold me. :???:)

I did this too a short while back - you - you get used to the new feeling.

But it never fully goes away because each month just when you've forgotten you get a reminder email that you've paid! ;)

But welcome to the warmth of hte cloud!

UUUUUUUGH, I finally found a reason to need Adobe CC, dammit.

I'm so uncomfortable right now.

I've never purchased anything and not been excited about it, and all I have is complete apprehension about the fact that I just bought something that I have to pay a subscription for the rest of my life if I want to keep photographying.

I just don't like change.

I HATE change.

But.

I need Lightroom and Photoshop to be retina ready.

So I did it.

(Someone hold me. :???:)

Hi there!

Allow me to be the first to welcome you to the Adobe Dilithuim Crystal Mines on the scenic Klingon outpost on Rura Penthe. I'll be your activies director, Jase...

Rotfl

Yeah, well, so far I'm unimpressed.

The slideshow in LR5 is NOT retina ready.

So that defeats the f***ing purpose of me needing LR5.

I was doing just fine on LR4, otherwise.

Photoshop better look f***ing amazing when I open up a .psd file later to edit, or you better believe I'm calling back today and canceling my "30 day trial".

If you're gonna make something retina ready, make the whole g**damn thing retina ready for f***s sake. :grumpy:

Are you sure its the software that isn't retina read and not your retina? Maybe you need to update your eyes before you can use the new features!

I can tell the difference between a retina display and non-retina by just looking at the apps screen, no matter what device it is.

I've worked around them long enough, I can tell instantly. :lol:

That being said, the slideshow module was PAINFULLY pixelated.

Doesn't take a sharp eye to see how bad that was.

I spend most of my time out of the loop on most things, software among them, but what exactly is retina ready? Do I just look at what I don't like about my shot until it fixes it or something? If so how will it keep up with my eyes bouncing everywhere because the whole shot sucks? This is the kind of thing that will send me back into the cave with charcoal to draw on the walls.

I spend most of my time out of the loop on most things, software among them, but what exactly is retina ready? Do I just look at what I don't like about my shot until it fixes it or something? If so how will it keep up with my eyes bouncing everywhere because the whole shot sucks? This is the kind of thing that will send me back into the cave with charcoal to draw on the walls.

"Retina Ready" = The software is capable of displaying at a high enough quality to render crisp and correctly on an Apple retina display.

They're super high resolution, so unless the coding has built into the software to render a certain way on Retina displays, sh*t just looks pixelated as hell.

Apple thing. Right on.

Oh wait, right on is old hat too isn't it?

One day I'll be hip.

Or need a hip replacement.

Ok, derailment over, back on track thread.

Apple thing. Right on.

Oh wait, right on is old hat too isn't it?

One day I'll be hip.

Or need a hip replacement.

Ok, derailment over, back on track thread.

Keith says "right on" all the time. He's only almost 31. So. You can decided about that one. :lol:

Most reactions

Back