I'm so uncomfortable. -- I finally bit the bullet.

It must be so,so,soooo awfull to have to look at an menu on a screen...

Okay, I'ma stop you right there. (For real... Not even reading the rest of that.)

Who the f*** said anything about MENUS?

The stupid menus don't bother me. It was the IMAGES not being displayed properly that I was talking about.

Images that I was getting ready to PRESENT for the first time, to high PAYING clients.

So yes. "Ever-so-slightly less than Retina-ready" images is TOTALLY unacceptable when they look like blurry, pixelated bullsh*t in a slideshow.

Maybe you don't care about showing poorly rendered images to clients, but for me, it's the difference between making nothing, and raking in $1,500 in one sales session. :greenpbl:

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Hmm you should get more - bunnies without coffee is not a good thing - least as far as studies on other bunnies have shown

I only did it cause I needed PHOTOSHOP to be retina ready. I didn't have an issue with LR4.

But since I had it in the bundle, I downloaded LR5, which I was told was "retina ready"... and it is. Unless you're trying to do a slideshow.

Gotcha. That's interesting and good to know. I admit when I heard about the subscription service coming, I patted my LR4 and CS5 and said, "It's just you and me, kid". :lol:

I only did it cause I needed PHOTOSHOP to be retina ready. I didn't have an issue with LR4.

But since I had it in the bundle, I downloaded LR5, which I was told was "retina ready"... and it is. Unless you're trying to do a slideshow.

Gotcha. That's interesting and good to know. I admit when I heard about the subscription service coming, I patted my LR4 and CS5 and said, "It's just you and me, kid". :lol:

Yeah I did too, until I realized that CS5's display of 100% was actually more akin to 200% on a retina display. Now that I have CC, it's correct again.

I so wanted to just live on CS5 forever. :lol:

I have to admit though, some of the tools definitely work a lot better than they did in CS5. I'm having to readjust my "feel" with some of them.

Yeah I did too, until I realized that CS5's display of 100% was actually more akin to 200% on a retina display. Now that I have CC, it's correct again.

I so wanted to just live on CS5 forever. :lol:

I have to admit though, some of the tools definitely work a lot better than they did in CS5. I'm having to readjust my "feel" with some of them.

Haaaaa, you are coming around already :)

In two weeks I went from Adobe PS CC #84 to Adobe PS CC 2014; and did not pay a penny more for it. COOL BEANS. Now if I can only figure out the warp tool so I can get rid of my man boobage and brewsky gut.

Leave it to Apple to make hardware that cNt be fully utilized by any other mainstream products.

"Oh, so most devices display things at 72 PPI? Well let's make a screen that displays everything at 200+ PPI mwahaha!"

Yeah... what was so wrong about the IBM PC with CGA graphics... 640x480 with 16 colors! Woot! Then they had to go and ruin everything by coming out with "new" stuff.

Leave it to Apple to make hardware that cNt be fully utilized by any other mainstream products. "Oh, so most devices display things at 72 PPI? Well let's make a screen that displays everything at 200+ PPI mwahaha!"
Yeah... what was so wrong about the IBM PC with CGA graphics... 640x480 with 16 colors! Woot! Then they had to go and ruin everything by coming out with "new" stuff.

Is that why every other company is pushing for 4K instead or Retina-whatever? ;)

Last edited:
I haven't yet taken the plunge. Holding on to my past install until I cannot bear to be excluded from the Kool Kidz Klub! ;) will probably do it later this year though. Hope you can find a way to make the most of it.

I can tell the difference between a retina display and non-retina by just looking at the apps screen, no matter what device it is.

I've worked around them long enough, I can tell instantly. :lol:

That being said, the slideshow module was PAINFULLY pixelated.

Doesn't take a sharp eye to see how bad that was.

I wish I had retina ready eyes... instead I just have these regular ol' things since birth with minor upgrades

Hope you can find a way to make the most of it.

Oh, I am.

I just won't be using the slideshow portion of Lightroom for my client sales meetings. But I've discovered that Keynote is a much better solution for that anyway.

I am looking at getting a new Win7 computer this week. I am looking at changing from Photoshop CS2 to lightroom 5. I was going to upgrade Photoshop BUT I do not want a cloud version or rent. So I am looking at getting Perfect Photo Suite 8. The Perfect Companion to Adobe Lightroom - onOne Software

It's not a cloud version.

It's installed on your hard drive.

The only things with the new Photoshop are:

1) It wants to phone home once a month or so (basically you need the net hooked up once a month)

2) You pay monthly instead of in one big go so each month you'll have money taken. Note that for casual use its not worth it - though honestly for most photographers the cost is tiny - heck you'd likely spend more having one roll of film developed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back