Im stuck..60D or T2i

To my it seemed more pro orientated while that polycarbonate body held it back in quality.
It is more 'pro orientated' than the Rebels...and I will suggest that the polycarbonate body is a lot stronger than you seem to think.

In terms of image quality, it's probably very similar to the latest Rebel, which is nothing new. The XXD cameras have always had the same sensors & processors as the Rebels. So if that's your concern, take a good look at the T2i. But what you get with the 60D is an expanded set of features, different ergonomics and in this case, an articulating screen.

For a budget of $1500 I would probably go with a D90 and a Tamron 17-50 (non IS) and that would leave money left for a spare battery, a couple memory cards, a decent tripod and maybe a small bag.

I'm not trying to start a war by saying this, but I have a friend with a 7d, and she is totally UNsatisfied by the low light performance. If she is getting noisy images with the 7D, you are going to get them with a 60d due to the fact that the image components are the same.... Just food for thought.

I do a lot of night photography and have 0 complaints about noisy images. I do get a bit at ISO6400 but come on....

everybody has their "standard" on what's acceptable noise. So it's hard to compare ones person view from another.

please explain what else could be more prone to noise then long exposures at night at high ISO's?

If Canon is what you want to go with the 60D is the camera I would purchase over the T2i. I would also recommend checking out the D7000 if Nikon is something you might be interested in. I would not waste money on a D90 as that camera is due for an upgrade very soon. The 12.3mp kept me from going with Nikon. I just wanted more pixels for larger prints and cropping ops. With the new D3100 hitting 14mp and the D7000 at 16mp you know the D90 will get a great bump plus some awesome feature improvements.

I do a lot of night photography and have 0 complaints about noisy images. I do get a bit at ISO6400 but come on....

everybody has their "standard" on what's acceptable noise. So it's hard to compare ones person view from another.

please explain what else could be more prone to noise then long exposures at night at high ISO's?

How is this relevant to my statement? What looks good/acceptable to you may or may not be acceptable to others and vice versa.

Most reactions

Back