Im super sad to say that

Jus7 A Phas3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im pretty sure that my light meter is broken no matter what i do it doesnt move it always says that there is not enough light even when im in a room full of lights or outside in total sun. So i ask the you guys fellow photographers is there any way i can fix my light meter without buying a new camrea because i do not have that kind of money. Please help me out

No i havent damaged that camrea, is there anything else it could be?

Im pretty sure that my light meter is broken no matter what i do it doesnt move it always says that there is not enough light even when im in a room full of lights or outside in total sun. So i ask the you guys fellow photographers is there any way i can fix my light meter without buying a new camrea because i do not have that kind of money. Please help me out

* What Camera?

* If not a selenium based light meter, you should try as already mentioned... a new battery.

* Most internal light meters are going to be difficult to repair. You might have to purchase a new/old camera replacement or an old handheld meter. Handheld meters should be checked for accuracy as many (esp selenium based ones) are no longer operational.... some have a life span.

thanks for the help and to answer you questions i have a nikon N70 and i just tried all the programs i have on it and i moved the camrea around and turned the lights off and the light meter still said it needed more light :[

Hi, the fact that the meter is doing anything is a hopeful sign. Since it's fully electric if it shows at all it must be working some. Have you checked your ISO setting? If it's set too low then it will take a huge amount of light (relatively speaking for indoors) for the meter to show a good exposure level..

im useing black and white 100 film and ive been useing alot of this kind of film for projects and the light meter always responded well with out me haveing to go to unrealistic shutter speeds to get the light meter to work and i found out earler today has i was messing with it i had to go down to shutter speed 8 with the largest apature which is 3,4 or something to get the light meter to move

Hold down the button on the left side that says function and then rotate the wheel on the right where your thumb naturally falls one click at a time (pushing to the center of the camera) until the little arrow points to the last box on the right that says ISO.

Press the shutter button halfway down and the quickly look at the top left of the LCD and read the number there. What does it say?

I have the same camera and when I first started using it I thought the lightmeter was broken too because it said "Low." This was in fact the battery meter. Replace the battery and that should fix it.

If I remember correctly, the lightmeter on the N70 has no text. It's just that generic bar thing and if it determines the shutter isn't long enough by a whole lot, the bar meter blinks.

Hold down the button on the left side that says function and then rotate the wheel on the right where your thumb naturally falls one click at a time (pushing to the center of the camera) until the little arrow points to the last box on the right that says ISO.

Press the shutter button halfway down and the quickly look at the top left of the LCD and read the number there. What does it say?
Ok, I'm on the edge of my seat, waiting for a response....

well the only number i know on the top left is the shutter speed and it was at 80 and i checked the iso and it was set to 100 just like what my film is

no not yet. it says that the barttery is fully charged on my lcd but next time i go to the store i will try and pick one up just to see

Most reactions

New Topics

Back