I'm that weirdo you see at night...

Dubious Drewski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...walking along the roadside with my tripod - which may have an umbrella duct taped to it to fight the rain. Who else here, like me, is content with looking like a weirdo wandering around, pacing up and down a street cocking your head, if it means you get the shot?

For this shot for instance, I was on my knees behind the tripod for 15 minutes, soaking wet, just watching the traffic through my viewfinder, waiting for the shot. Two people walked by in that time and asked: "what are you doing?" and "Do you work for the paper or something?"
2845385384_4a236ea408.jpg

Bigger here

Well I don't work for the paper, but that's a good idea. It might be fun. I wonder what it takes to get a job like that?

Here's one I did on another night while out with some photographer buddies. If you look closely, you can see my mouth is motion blurred from telling somebody "Oh, back off a second, I'm doing an exposure. Yeah, really. Hey! That's not funny! Stop it!". Luckily, they weren't in the shot long enough for you to see them.
2841105354_ba8d55e5c7.jpg

Bigger here

And another here, again on another night with other photographer buddies.
2834443139_b2e29dc85c.jpg

Bigger here

After I started seriously taking photographs, I learned to let go of my embarrassment of being in awkward positions and doing abnormal behaviour and to just get the shot. Fearlessness really seems to help.

Last edited:
Hahahhaa well you're definately entertaining online. Must be nice to shoot with other photography people :)

I love the last photo! The reflection and the sky are great.

It's so strange how taste works. I was apprehensive about posting that third image at all because I thought it was so plain.

Interesting...

LMAO!!!

Well, I think the "oddest" behaviour I've exhibited as a person taking some pics, is....wandering outside (--I was too chicken to go in) of the cemetary gates later at night. The cemetary I speak of is actually behind an old church...surrounded by homes (not the same place as the photos I have in "The Dark Side".) So....a few people walked past me, and well....I felt pretty 'stoopid'!!! LOL!!

Your post...yes, enjoyable for me as well!!

Your photos..??? Fabulous!!! I really like them. They are unique...and maybe in part because they are more of less "ordinary" things/places....but the photos themselves have so many interesting things to enjoy....colours, perspectives, etc..!!!

Thanks for sharing!

i have no photography friends yet. except you friendly tpf-ers. i long for REAL people with cameras though...

They have buildings taller than 1 story in Lethbridge? :er:

;)

i freaking love the second one!!!!

but i would love the 3rd one more if it didn't have the leaning look

but i would love the 3rd one more if it didn't have the leaning look

Really? See, I like that one for just that reason! ;) ..It looks as though it's "sprouting" out of the ground! The "sprouting" helps to give it 'charm'.

I think it's my fave of the 3....2 and 1 are a toss-up. Maybe 3 then 2, then 1??

:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back