I'm the photographer so I have no photos of myself

topazsol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Have you ever noticed that this seems to happen a lot? You are at an event, a get together, a holiday, and you are taking lots of pictures of everyone else but then afterwards there are none of you. I'd like to perserve some memories too! lol But I don't trust anyone with my camera... ;)

And I take all these photos of my family, my husband playing with our daughter and my brother and his new baby but there aren't a lot of photos where I am in them. I like taking candid shots of people and sometimes I wish my husband or someone in my family would capture a moment where we are not posing and maybe I am reading to my daughter or brushing her hair. I don't have any photos like that.

I guess it just goes with being a photographer.

Same with me...lots of photos of everyone else...very few of me.

That's OK, because every time I do see a photo of myself, I'm reminded that I don't look like I did 10 years ago (and I'm not sucking in my gut and flexing, like when I look in the mirror :lol: )

There's enough ugly in the world without needing to add my mug in photos.
Likewise. One reason I like to carry a camera is it gives me an excuse not to be in front of one.

If an event or location means enough to me I make sure that I'm in a few frames. I make sure that there are pictures of me with my family and friends. Some things are just too important in life not to be a part of, even if it's not for yourself, but for other people as well. Always make sure to get in front of a camera, don't regret missing out.

I'm not a particularly photogenic person, and the good looks my daughters have are mostly due to my wife's genes, with a few expressed from my mother... so it's OK. The few of me that I do like were taken by my wife, or by one of my daughters.

I do have a tripod but no remote just yet. I am finding self portraits to be very challenging. Partly because I am my own worst judge.

I'm not a particularly photogenic person, and the good looks my daughters have are mostly due to my wife's genes, with a few expressed from my mother... so it's OK. The few of me that I do like were taken by my wife, or by one of my daughters.

There is no one that is not photogenic, only photographers who do not understand how to help you look your best......

Yeah, it kinda sucks IMO... i'll be lost in history while my friends will live on forever!

I absolutely hate having my picture taken. I thought it came with the territory :lol:

I absolutely hate having my picture taken. I thought it came with the territory :lol:

I'm just the opposite, I enjoy it, and as the pictures are with family and friends during great times, they just keep the memories alive. On occation they have been with a celebrity or athlete that I have met or worked with as well.

I'm just the opposite, I enjoy it, and as the pictures are with family and friends during great times, they just keep the memories alive. On occation they have been with a celebrity or athlete that I have met or worked with as well.

Well, yeah. Same circumstances as you. I just don't automatically jump in a photo opportunity for fun.

I know exactly how that is. Sometimes. Luckily my brother and a couple other friends have photography as one of their hobbies so I get the occasional picture of myself.

Sometimes I set the camera for the lighting I am going to be in to get a photo of me and my girlfriend together. Still makes me cringe a little though letting someone else use my camera that doesn't know what they are doing.

I have no clue what to do in front of a camera, so I just stand there with my hands in my pockets looking goofy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back