I'm the photographer so I have no photos of myself

As long as you're consistantly goofy. Most of the time there isn't much to do in front of a camera, when family gets together we will occationally do one of those old school shots where no one smiles and everyone looks static and miserable, makes for a great laugh everytime we look at the pictures.

I like having photos of myself at events. For that reason, I'll not hesitate to hand someone my G12 to take a picture...

This happens to me too. When me and my better half go somewhere together I usually make a point of saying "OK, here's my camera, take some photos!". That way, since I am obviously the apple in her eye, I end up in some of them!

Same for me, but I'm 40, so its ok. Its just some old guy I missed, anyway. :wink:

my issue with that is not the camera but inability of people to take a decent shot. I hate to see myself photographed by someone and looking horrible. And I am not talking about photoshop, I am talking about horrible angles and compositions. I see myself in the mirror and I know how I look so I am amazed at other people's ability to photograph someone in a horrible way. So I am staying away from letting others to photograph me unless they know what they are doing. And I am ok not having a ton of pics of me (better no pictures than a bunch of photos where I look like a monster)

I was shooting at a club once and a girl offered to take my picture for this exact reason, she was a photog too. I love this pic.

ME by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

Same here, but if anyone asks I just go all artistic and say that if people want to see the real me they have to see me through my work. HAHA...gets em everytime.

I use a tripod and timer. Best $30 dollars I have every spent. I can get into the picture, now. Also, I carry a point and shoot plus my DSLR, and give the P&S to a trusted friend or family member to take some pics of me and others. That away I don't have to worry about my camera being dropped or something, and P&S takess good photos. But, yes, I just did my family reunion and there was only one pic of me out of 200+ shots. I can't believe not one person showed up with a camera. I asked many why they didn't bring a camera, and they said, hey you take the pictures, so we will just get them off of you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back