im torn between the 2!!

Rob A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
hey guys, i was hoping you could help me out here. i have no idea abou any of it!

anyway, i was thinking of getting a Photo Printer. i want one that prints out photos at really good quality so it looks professional. at the moment, i have decided either the Canon Pixma IP6000D or the HP Photosmart P7960 which are both £200

the canon has 6 colours, all individual but the HP has 8 colours, but in 4 cartridges. these r the only 2 differences really. OR if you gus know of any other printer that would be better, please tell me!!

thanks for any help!!! :D

I have the Photosmart 8450, and apart from the occasional paper jam, the quality is amazing (except for the moment...must be something ive adjusted...or it may be because im out of black ink) Id say go the the 8450!

I've got the 8450 also... so far, it's been great.

I just got the Canon Pixma IP6000D that you are talking about a week ago and I love it!!! The prints are amazing, and so far I've done about 15 8x10's and it hasn't made a dent in the ink amount!!! It's insanely quiet, and it also has the LCD screen which most others in the price range don't. It has memory card slots for most types, and cable hook up for others. The only thing to know is buy the best paper for it. I tried printing on an everyday photo paper and the prints were bad, but with professional grade papers they are awesome!!! I wasn't able to buy the Canon paper and actually just bought a brand from walmart called Jet Print Photo, but got the Portrait Studio paper with a satin finish and it works perfectly!!! I also read many reviews before I purchased this and it surpassed all others in the price range as well :) Good luck with choosing, I personally love Canon producs, but can assure you that you won't be disappointed with this printer, especially for the cost!!!

eromallagadnama, i like to use Ilford gallerie paper (satin) would this work well? also, is the quality really good? like as if i was to get it done at a printing place? the canon was actually my first choice. also, could you use it with out a computer (just put in the memory card and print) or do you need the PC?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back