Image background remvoal tools?

Starwars

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I am quite new to this community. I love photography and learning a lot along the way. I stumbled upon this tool from Adobe called Background Remover that let's you remove background images of picture.

I am creating something very similar, except you can access using API. I tested the API with 1000 images and got results back under 3 minutes.

I am genuinely curious what do you use right now for background removal? How much are you paying for it?

Happy Photographing!

Last edited:
reported as spam

So posting link to a known product from Adobe is a spam now? I will remove the link if that's the case.
[edit] - Link removed.

Can you answer my question?

Last edited:
So posting link to a known product from Adobe is a spam now? I will remove the link if that's the case.
[edit] - Link removed.

Your question seems to indicate that your purpose is to market the product you say you are developing. If this is not your purpose, then perhaps you should clarify. This forum is not for marketing purposes.

[edit] - Link removed.

Your question seems to indicate that your purpose is to market the product you say you are developing. If this is not your purpose, then perhaps you should clarify. This forum is not for marketing purposes.

Okay. I edited the post to make it look better. I am software engineer and not a marketer!
This is first time someone called me a marketer in a subtle way! Lol!!

reported as spam
Can you help me identify how this is a spam? Asking a genuine question.

it reads like a sales pitch and you're brand new. we get several of these a day on the forum. also, to have a 99.9999% success rate it means you've removed the backgrounds on 1,000,000 photos and only 1 failed per million photos. it's not the 1 failing part that bothers me, it's the 1 million photos you've found time to remove the background on. to invest that amount of time that doesn't sound like a one man hobby, that sounds like a business.

to answer your original question, i don't usually remove backgrounds. on the rare occasions that i do remove a background i've found photoshop's select and mask tool does a really great job.

it's not the 1 failing part that bothers me, it's the 1 million photos you've found time to remove the background on. to invest that amount of time that doesn't sound like a one man hobby, that sounds like a business.

Thanks for the reply and your answer to my question. Tbqh, no I don't have business yet, but I am going to be honest and say that if someone wants to pay me, I am not going to say no. Lol.

You will be suprised to see how good job scripts can do, especially crawler scripts. I gather images (no copyright) for training the machine learning model and run it through my program. That's how I trained and tweaked the model.

Either way, I did not start the post with sales pitch. It's more about understanding what people use around here.

Others? What do you use for background removal and did you find success with it?

Others? What do you use for background removal and did you find success with it?
There are a lot of tools like these in the APP store. I'm using this one called RemoveCat. Because I do no know how to use Photoshop:icon_neutral:

Most reactions

Back