Image display LCD not working

skyisthelimit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Canon Rebel T3i:
The camera functions fine. I can look through the image guide window and take shots. But nothing displays on the LCD screen. When I switch to play mode the screen stays blank. Did I accidentally change some settings? or something not right with the LCD display.
The camera is like new, hardly used, we bought brand new about a year and half ago.
Any suggestions.

Thanks for your reply. But there is absolutely no display, the screen stays blank all through...I cannot reset because nothing gets displayed on screen, is there any other way to reset?

Check the battery is charged up enough.

Canon Rebel T3i:
The camera functions fine. I can look through the image guide window and take shots. But nothing displays on the LCD screen. When I switch to play mode the screen stays blank. Did I accidentally change some settings? or something not right with the LCD display.
The camera is like new, hardly used, we bought brand new about a year and half ago.
Any suggestions.

Hey man, i had the same problem with my T3i except it wasn't as bad, i just had red lines. Try turning it off for a few hours then back on, that's what fixed mine.

At the risk of an "is it plugged in" question: You did try hitting the "display" button to cycle through display modes, yes?

Could be a lose connection. Also not sure what would happen if the "face proximity" sensor had something on it.

Canon Rebel T3i:
The camera functions fine. I can look through the image guide window and take shots. But nothing image displays on the LCD screen. When I switch to play mode the screen stays blank. Did I accidentally change some settings? or something not right with the LCD display.
Any suggestions.

If the LCD screen and battery are both in good condition, then you may check this post for other possible reasons.:blushing:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/canon/294496-canon-t4i-how-do-i-get-lcd-screen-appear.html

By the way, apart from the image, can you see the menu function in the screen?

Most reactions

Back