Image Enhancement Help Sought

hddennis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've come here to seek advice on how to enhance or better capture an image. I have no photo skills at all and plan to take your suggestions to a professional. I just purchased a 700 year old Samurai sword that was surrendered by a civilian to the local police in Japan in WWII. At the time of surrender a paper label with the owners name and address was $Japanese Katana 23.JPG$Japanese Katana 2.jpg$Japanese Katana 7.jpg attached to the sword in the hopes that the sword would be returned someday. My problem is I'd like to be able to read that label that has faded over the last 70 years. Does anyone know how the image can be enhanced or a film type or photo process that will make the characters standout from the background?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give,
Howard Dennis

If Derrel's work isn't enough, although it seems pretty good, find a local person who does UV light photography.
That is a useful forensic technique

Derrel & Lew, Thanks for your work and response's, that's what I was hoping for.

Howard Dennis

I'm glad you found the answer you were looking for, however if you don't like some of the answers you receive, please either (1) report it, or (2) ignore it. Rude responses are not necessary and will not be tolerated.

Derrel & Lew, Thanks for your work and response's, that's what I was hoping for.

Howard Dennis

I'm glad you found the answer you were looking for, however if you don't like some of the answers you receive, please either (1) report it, or (2) ignore it. Rude responses are not necessary and will not be tolerated.

I was just responding to the rude uncalled for response given by one of your members to my very first post on here. Thankfully all the other responses were very helpful.

Howard Dennis

Having access to the larger, original images might help as well. Images resized for internet posting causes a lot of data to be thrown away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back