Image too dark?

I won't say that I can see the entire aircraft well, but I can see it, and if you increase overall exposure any more, you'll quickly start to blow highlights. Some careful selective increases along the fuselage might help, but I like it as-is.

You have saved this with maximum quality; that is way overkill for a file on the Internet.

It was 9.5 mb.
This is about 200 k, but same dimensions in pixels
Masked and lightened

plane.jpg

Sorry, I'm a beginner. What do you mean by your post?

thanks

Sorry, I'm a beginner. What do you mean by your post?

thanks

You have saved this with maximum quality; that is way overkill for a file on the Internet.

It was 9.5 mb.
This is about 200 k, but same dimensions in pixels

Rather than rewrite information that is already well explained elsewhere, I suggest you read these.

Image resolution, file size, picture size and jpg compression
Photoshop JPEG Compression and Image Quality
JPEG Optimization for The Web – Ultimate Guide

Masked and lightened

I used a selection tool in Photoshop to select only the area I wanted to edit and then used a Levels adjustment layer to lighten only that.
Photoshop, and other editing tools, has many ways to selct speciic parts of an image, many ways to isolate only that part and many ways to do the change in tone.
If you are going to be shooting in difficult conditions where what you want to capture is either much brighter or much darker than the rest of the shot, it would be useful for you to read and practice some simple editing techniques.

The exact way to do any specific edit depends not only on the software you will be using but the picture itself.

Most reactions

Back