Image Upload Site (Free)

Sark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all.

Could somone recommend a free image hosting site that would let me upload images for linking/displaying on a site like this, and for my occassional ebay lstings. Won't be uploading huge numbers of images so a simple to use site is preferable to one with higher upload capacity.

Thanks in advance

Sark

Photobucket or Imageshack are popular uploading sites. Both have similar image uploading limits for free users but they are plenty big enough for web images.
Flickr is a popular site for many, but the free account is a little limiting though it will allow you to upload the full original photos - you cannot access them unless you pay for an account (though you can use the auto resized versions) its not too costly, but it is a cost

links:
http://photobucket.com/
http://imageshack.us/
http://www.flickr.com/

photobucket.com is perfect for Your applications

Hi all.

Could somone recommend a free image hosting site that would let me upload images for linking/displaying on a site like this, and for my occassional ebay lstings. Won't be uploading huge numbers of images so a simple to use site is preferable to one with higher upload capacity.

Thanks in advance

Sark

Thanks for the replies. Photobucket looks good.

Just one question. Once a file is uploaded, is it straight forward to link just the image rather than the whole page.

Cheers

Sark

yes.. all you do is click on "direct link" below the image, and it copies it for you.
Then you paste the link into the "add photo" option on this forum..

Very easy

Thanks. Its much appreciated.

Sark

Note, with Flickr's agreement, you are suppose to link any image back to the Flickr site. They have the html code listed under your photos to copy and paste very easily. Only problem with that is, most forums, including this one, the html code doesn't work.

So, you have to do image tags, then make a normal html link with that back to Flickr.

Or just not link it back as I'm sure many folks break that agreement often.

Flickr's auto resizing for forum posting does do quite a good job when posting the different sizes.

I really like flickr. I have the free version, and I've never gone over the limit. I can see how it would be easy for someone to do so. It is only $25 a year for the paid account.

I have also heard that having the link in your signature satisfies the user agreement with flickr...

Try Deviantart.com as well. They have a great community of artists, and you can blog/chat/forum there as well.

Note, with Flickr's agreement, you are suppose to link any image back to the Flickr site. They have the html code listed under your photos to copy and paste very easily. Only problem with that is, most forums, including this one, the html code doesn't work.

So, you have to do image tags, then make a normal html link with that back to Flickr.

I was aware of flickr before posting, but had heard linking images was not as straight forward, which is why I posted the question. Flickr looks a very good site for general storing, sharing and as a community, but having now signed up to Photobucket, I think it was the right choice for linking images. 1mb per file is plenty for the web and 1gb of storage is far more than I will ever get close to.

Thanks to all for posting

Sark

Most reactions

Back