Image Viewer color/tone differences?

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've noticed that after I process and image in photoshop, it just doesnt look the same in other programs or image viewers. I've continually had to adjust images just so it looks good on the web or in microsoft image viewer...if I get everything (contrast/color/levels, etc.) right in photoshop, it gets all wacked out when previewing it on the computer and usually on the web too (i'm using firefox). the contrast is higher, the tone is redder, the color is more saturated, and the shadows tend to block out easier. here's an image i grabbed off the internet for editing practice...while i was working on it I checked it in image viewer and it was waaay different. i fixed it to look right in image viewer and took a screenshot of it in both that utility and in adobe bridge. here are the results:

nobs-businessport-viewercomparison.jpg

this time the difference is bearable, but it can get reaaally bad. anyone else experience this?

bottom line is, which one should I trust?

actually yeah i think that's the problem...i used to always use sRGB so now that i'm using prophotoRGB i forget to convert. i'll try that...thanks mark!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back