Images in Sigs

oriecat

work in progress
Reaction score
Website
www.moltenwords.net
Is there a way to turn off the images in signatures? I don't want to turn off sigs all together, just the images in them, and of course, I can't just turn off all images, since that would defeat the major purpose of a photo forum.

I think you stumped us with the question and each of us was hoping someone more in-the-know would answer. It looks like it is restricted to either allowing signatures (along with graphics) or blocking signatures completely. I don't see an option to allow signatures but limit graphics...unless there is a global option that would prevent people from being able to add graphics to a sig.

I would like to see a rule/policy that limited the sigs to a certain size. Something like 4 lines of text or 50-75 pixels tall.

Thanks, Chase! I kinda figured given the options in my CP, but didn't know if maybe you could give us more options, like when you turned on the Rep option.

And I agree, Mike. Some are just annoying and get really old after seeing them time after time. I guess I'll turn them off for now like I did the avatars.

Yeah, we've kicked around that idea and I think the time is coming where we need to impose some rules on things. There were some loose guidelines, but I think we need to narrow it down further.

I think the older vbb's allowed you to turn the img tags off for sigs in the admin panel. This would have been a few years ago. I don't like images in sigs either. But as long as they're not too big and flashing I don't mind. I can't stand it at certain forums when the whole thread is full of images from signatures and no text from posts.

You turned avatars off? Why? :(

Most reactions

Back