Images Of Shetland...

Bonobo35

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, i'm new on this site but i'm looking for people to look at images of my home islands, The Shetland Isles, for anyone who's never been here, the site below captures the beauty of my islands with stunning photographic brilliance,

I hope you all like them.....

http://www.ivanhawick.com

Bonobo35

welcome to the forum! you live in a very special place which is very rewarding for photography!

Been there a long time ago, and always wanted to go back one day.

Thank you very much alex_b, yeah for sure Shetland is a place of absolute beauty, breathtaking scenery, everywhere u go, i'd recommend it to anyone who would be looking for a photography holiday, best time is in June, when we have almost 100% daylight!! with beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

Bonobo35

:hail: AMAZING shots of the 'lights'
Will check the rest of the gallery when I pick my jaw off the ground

The only time the 'lights' hit Maine in my short lifetime was a few months ago. Guess who decided I could 'sleep through them'? Stupid parents.

Nice series.

What use is a Shetland pony? There isn't a lot a of pickins on it and it won't pull much.

If you look into the history of the shetland pony you will find that we export them to France for human consumption and they can pull one helluva weight too for their size, their one hardy pony, they'd need to be to stay out in the bleak cold gale force winds we have here in winter!!!

Bonobo35

If you look into the history of the shetland pony you will find that we export them to France for human consumption and they can pull one helluva weight too for their size, their one hardy pony, they'd need to be to stay out in the bleak cold gale force winds we have here in winter!!!

Of course I'm just poking your ribs here, but if you want to wind up an Icelander do this when an Icelandic horse is galloping by; point at it and say "Look at the little pony". For some mad reason they'll get defensive and tell you off that it's a horse. Cracks me up every time. :)

Wow!!! Those are some stunning images of a beautiful place. Welcome aboard, and I hope to see lots more of your shots.

Yes, what an amazing group of pictures! The Shetland Islands are one of the very top places I'd like to make it to some day. Thank you so much for sharing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back