images on CD (technical issue)

ukreal1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pamelaoliveras.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure id this is the right place, but didn't know where else to put it, so here goes...

I gave a recent client a DVD and she can read it and all but she just emailed me and said when she tried to get some prints at shutterfly and mpix, they both flagged the images as small res. I don't know what's going on, I put the full res. on a burn folder, alias were made and I burnt it and gave it to her.

I uploaded some directly from the same burn folder I gave to her on dvd to my shutterfly today and they were not flagged for size. They were good for all sizes including poster. I am just waiting for her email back regarding what actions she took. Aggghh, I hate it when stuff like this happens, I am not the best with computers!

Here's my thinking:
1. It is a DVD + R disc.
2. It says read and write for owner (me), read only for anyone else...
3. and I am putting them in a burn disc folder on my MAC.

Do any of these things look like they could mess with the images on the disc? I have no idea what is going on...

Any help/input, great received!

Ask her to email you one of the photos from the DVD..

Also it sounds like you have the DVD Burn folder on your computer still, try burning another DVD and you can verify that it has the hi-res photos. My guess is that your DVD was fine, and she is importing them with some kind of software that made thumbnails.

I'm not a mac person, so I may be missing something obvious.

Thanks Andrew, I am thinking this too. I burnt a DVD last night, worked fine on my mac then it wouldn't work on the PC, I know this is not the prob me client is having but I just wanted to check it on the PC and now I can't seem to do that, aggghhhhh. Any Mac users ever encountered this?
Also, any other replies/opinions, I need to try and work this out and I have no idea, but I am sure some of you comp whizzes do!

Obviously, one can't know for sure without seeing the file she tried to upload, but I'm with Andrew99; she probably uploaded a thumbnail created by whatever photo viewing program she is using on her computer. You might ask her if she notices a folder called thumbnails and if this is the one she is uploading from.

I am having some of the same issues with a couple of my clients. As it turns out they are going in and editing and resizing the portraits more and not checking the crop box when ordering. This frustrates me so much you have no idea. I always state that they must check the crop box and not to mess with the photos on the disc. Most roll their eyes at me and walk away as if I don't know what I am talking about.
It's gotten to the point where I now state before each session that if a CD is purchased I will not be responsible for any images once they leave the studio with the CD and I have them sign something to that affect.
I save my edited photos on photoshop at the highest resolution possible and always double check using kodak to see how big they can be printed.
It's the one down side to doing images on a CD.
It seems some clients just don't want to listen to warnings. :x

Thanks guys, I am still baffled by this one, I will post when I find out what is going on, maybe help someone else in the future!

Most reactions

Back