Images on Disk?

ironsidephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ironsidephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How much would you charge a single mother of two who doesn't have much money for a disk with about 40 high res images from a portrait session on it? Just wondering.

good point. i just felt bad for her, and we didn't really agree to anything beforehand. I don't do portraits very often.

I guess what I'm wondering is how much people charge for disks in general.

from general posts i've seen here and there on this forum from people, i've seen between $20 to $50. obviously some will charge more than $50, and less than $20. it really comes down to what the time spent putting it together was worth to you, and the potential lost income from her ordering prints from you as now she'll have a hi-res copies to take to her local walmart or whatever.

from general posts i've seen here and there on this forum from people, i've seen between $20 to $50. obviously some will charge more than $50, and less than $20. it really comes down to what the time spent putting it together was worth to you, and the potential lost income from her ordering prints from you as now she'll have a hi-res copies to take to her local walmart or whatever.

Only 50 for 40 good shots? That seems really cheap...

Only 50 for 40 good shots? That seems really cheap...

*shrug* maybe. i honestly wouldnt know. i dont charge for anything yet, and probably wont for quite a while, but i do glance over pricing type posts every time i see them to get an idea of how i should price once i start...if ever.

again though...this is just random stuff i've seen here, and have also seen more expensive stuff like $150 for a dvd (but i cant recall how many images or the quality (size) of the images which was stated for that). however, $20 for a cd of 30 images has been the cheapest i've seen posted by a member here, but again, quality/resolution-wise i have no idea.

I would either charge her full price ($250) or have her choose a low res version of the files (for printing up for a 4x6) for less money. Or would have her just choose the ones she really wants for a price per image (say, $15)

Most reactions

Back