I'MMM BBBACCCKKK!

RowmyF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been M.I.A for a couple weeks because it's been SO crazy busy ... (in a good way) ..I have done many shoots over the passed 12 days so I got plenny to share..hope I won't drown the forum with my stuff lol...I'm excited to share and hope you enjoy!

This photo shoot is of my sister...she's great to photograph so we got into the car and went to random spots I've seen and just had some fun. These shoots are my favorite because it lets me BE and just snap the way I want to snap without having to consider the client.

10_1.jpg

5_1.jpg

1_1.jpg

103.jpg

I agree, beautiful subject!!

My favorites are #1 and #2. The focus on her face through the bamboo in #2 is really cool, but the image is sort of underexposed I think.

The skin tone is warm throughout this series, but I think it works well.

Nice work!

Hey NJ - thanks for the FB..

I also though that #2 looked slightly underexposed, but after lightening it up, I preferred the darker version.

What do you mean about the warm skin tones? She looks brown? Or there is an orange overcast on the photos? (I've been fighting with my WB for a while now...can't ever quite get it right..)

Hey NJ - thanks for the FB..

I also though that #2 looked slightly underexposed, but after lightening it up, I preferred the darker version.

What do you mean about the warm skin tones? She looks brown? Or there is an orange overcast on the photos? (I've been fighting with my WB for a while now...can't ever quite get it right..)

It looks to me like a redish cast, but I don't know if "cast" is the right word. You can have a warm skin tone without exactly having a cast on the image. WB is so subjective sometimes, and I think the majority of photographers struggle with it.

Lighting conditions change all the time, whether its natural light, flourescent, tungsten, whatever. It can change to ever so slightly varying degrees also. How you set WB all depends on if the skin tone looks realistic. If you prefer to have warmer skin tones vs. cooler skin tones, that's your choice as the photographer.

But there are some photos where I just know by looking at it that the WB just doesn't look realistic. I don't think you crossed that line. Just my opinion. :)

Nicely done! 1 and 3 are my faves...really like the composition of those ones

You're so kind! Thank you!

Thank you all for the FB

I found the warm skin tones pleasing... They are warm, but I didn't care. It makes the setting feel more tropical, like you're photographing in Florida or Africa or something (or maybe I'm an idiot...lol).

This is a great example of how great a comfortable subject is. The few photographs I've taken of other people usually suck, because the person is tense in front of the camera. The rapport you have with your sister shows off, like no matter what seemingly silly pose you want her to be in, she trusts you. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else, though. I guess what I'm trying to say is she looks very comfortable in front of the lens.

Wow very beautiful, the subject, and the background.

Is she single?

:)

......oh yeah..nice photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back