Impartial photo critics wanted for judging party photos

perstoegang

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
In the Netherlands the number of so called party sites is growing.

Many wannabee party photographers are giving the good photographers a bad image. We from perstoegang.nl (translated press access) want to introduce a site were photographic party reports can be judged in order to stop the growing number of requests for press access by "fake" photo taking party sites.

To be impartial we are searching for some people who want to participate in judging party picture reports from the Netherlands. The photographers who are taking pictures at partys are mostly volunteers so don't expect to see high standard pictures but they have to be more or less compared to other material. The ratings may vary from bad, moderate, good, excelent.

We are therefore searching for some professional of semi professional photography enthousiasts who want to help us. We are a non profit organisation so there is no money in it for participants but we will place a link and some info about you on the site as being one of the jury's

If anybody wants to participate please send some info to [email protected] your help will be highly appriciated!

Best regards perstoegang.nl

I think you've asked the question we've all been wanting to ask! :lmao:

mad_malteaser said:
I think you've asked the question we've all been wanting to ask! :lmao:

I think this is the 2nd or 3rd post i've read about "party pictures". Seriously, who cares? Pictures from raves and teens being retarded... not interested... i don't think a technical photoforum would be interested either.

If you don't like the scene he's going to be photographing, dont visit it. I don't find it particularily interesting, but of course I'm going to look just to see if there's some talent there. But this is a forum and anyone with a keyboard and e-mail address has a voice, so just let him do his thing. I'm not trying to step on anyones' toes, but he's in need of help and where else to ask for it than a website titled www.thephotoforum.com? I don't feel the need/desire to participate in your request, but I'm sure someone will be interested, perstoegang.

What I mean with Party pictures are pictures shot at large partys (sometimes as big as 40.000 people) with all kind of aspects, the crowd, dj's entertainment, lasershows etc.

I thought it was a quite normal question since people here are interested in taking and talking about photography. I respect other photographers even if they are taking the pictures I wouldn't make, but I can give my honest opinion about how I would rate the pictures. For instance, I dont like to look at airplanes but if somebody makes an amazing picuture of it I can appriciate it and give my opinion about it.

I'm just searching for some people who want to judge pictures. Nothig more nothing less.

Thanks to some people who responded positively by email :)

i don't think a technical photoforum would be interested either.
:thumbdown: If you're not interested, don't reply.

I respect other photographers even if they are taking the pictures I wouldn't make, but I can give my honest opinion about how I would rate the pictures.
:thumbup: That's a good attitude. I hope you find what you're looking for.

voodoocat said:
:thumbdown: If you're not interested, don't reply.

:thumbup: That's a good attitude. I hope you find what you're looking for.

I wasn't trying to degrade his line of work, I was just suggesting his first post not be a "i want people to work for this website" type post. Sorry to have stepped on toes.

Well, it sounds like fun...and I always like helping people.
I would like to help, but please remember im only 16, and not got a great time on my hands....plus theres a point that A LOT of people on this forum know more than me, but if you cant find anyone ill be happy to talk.
[email protected] is my email address

Most reactions

New Topics

Back