Impermanance

dinodan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think that this photo, taken in the graveyard of a St Phillip's Church here in Charleston, says something about the impermanence of existance. Though it was only a couple of weeks ago, the tree had just dropped all of its blossoms,which carpeted the ground in white. The meter on the old FE2 did a good job of averaging the exposure with the gravestones in the background.

StPhillipsBlossoms0001.jpg

I like it but I think the gravestones are over exposed and it is not clear what the subject of this photo is (the gravestone or all the white leaves),, or I think a lower perspective would have put both of them in a more interesting composition

Thanks for commenting. I was thinking the same thing. I'll have to wait another year before the blossoms drop again...

a nice image, but not easy exposure wise, the foreground lacks light, and the gravestones are overexposed.

A gradient filter could have done a very good job here it seems to me :)

nevertheless, i like the scene

a nice image, but not easy exposure wise, the foreground lacks light, and the gravestones are overexposed.

A gradient filter could have done a very good job here it seems to me :)

nevertheless, i like the scene

Thanks, and you're right. Yes, the camera's meter did the best it could under the circumstances, but there's just too much latitude. I need to get one of those filters. In all my years of photography, I've never used one!

Most reactions

Back