Impermanence

jenko

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A place I really connect to spiritually is the dunes. I find the vastness, simplicity of forms, and wide open space meditative. I am reminded of my place in nature. This is a diptych. Two different shots. I am not even sure they were taken in the same area. I just noticed how one seemed to be a continuation of the other, which sort of reflects my feelings about this place.

AM1A_zps75983df7.jpg

very nice shot! i love the sky in this one :)

Wow, both very strong images on their own! I love them put together, great choice :)

Very cool. You should print this.

Wow, both very strong images on their own! I love them put together, great choice :)

Thanks! I've got a group show coming up at the end of April and I was thinking about putting this one in it. I would have the images printed separately, but framed together with matting between them. White matting, white frame. That is what I am thinking would look good.

Agree with the above...very very nice

I agree with the above comments, but am I the only one curious about the handprint?

Kudos for the minimalistic approach. Both pics, completely different in message, are well executed and look nice.

I'm not seeing what the diptych format buys you here at all. There's nothing important or relevant about that spot in the middle where it is divided. Feels very distracting and odd.

If they were indeed taken in different spots, then you're stuck, but if they line up, you should line them up and make it one image. Might be weird and expensive to frame that if you wanted to, but otherwise, it'd be a better choice I think.

I couldn't disagree more with the above post...I definitely think that the separation compliments the two images. Sometimes diptych or triptych pieces are forced...where the multiple panels become the subject...becomes sort-of obnoxious. The separation here adds/compliments the images in a subtle way. Two "weakish" subjects in the individual images brought together to make this really interesting piece of art...very cool!!!!

I like the shot, but I'm on the fence wrt the hand print. I think it would have been a stronger shot without it, but I get what you were going for.
Things like that get my guard up and make me feel as though I'm being pushed too hard to see something. As far as the split frame - I could go either way on that.

I couldn't disagree more with the above post...I definitely think that the separation compliments the two images.
I do too. The wave shapes in the sand, as leading lines, make the transition from one picture to the other; the triptych is just an aesthetic, pictoral device that adds an extra dimension for the viewer.

Thank you for all the comments/critique!

Most reactions

Back