Importance of doing photo shows if you plan on promoting your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilovemycam

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was going to send this in to my anorexic thread but it got closed. So will start up a new one on the importance of shows to promoting one's work. This reply was going to Traveler...

Now here is the deal Traveler. Today a museum contacted me that I had submitted some material to a couple of months ago. They wanted to know more about my education, shows I’ve done and my work in public collections.

Education…nothing to speak of.

Shows….never have done one. (But when they mentioned shows I thought of you.)

Public collections…YES and a lot of them.

It would have been nice if I had some shows under my belt to show off to the curator. (This one was a male.) But as I told you, ugly photography is not one that gets into galleries unless the photog has a big name.

So I’m glad you are doing your 2 shows Traveler. You can add them to your professional bio and you have something under your belt that many of us don‘t have.

Publishing, media productions/presentations, and television are also a great ways to promote your work. I have done them in French and English and even a Portuguese translation.

Mmmmm this gonna be good.

OP: What part of "Closed" did you not understand about your previous topic? Starting a new topic which you publicly state is a continuation of your previous thread is dangerously close to ignoring the direction of a moderator. Let's give it a rest shall we?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back