Impressionistic attempt

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Inspired by Mishele's lovely work and the new techniques I've been studying, here's what I came up with today. C&C always welcome :)
7517604766_b30bef33df_c.jpg

7517604660_ee91ca9b3d_c.jpg

7517604182_11389a90a0_c.jpg

7517603998_5c295d07bf_c.jpg

I love #3, it looks like a water color painting! 4 is also nice but imo a bit too bright on the right. nice job!

Thanks :) I'm caught between the first and third as my favorite. Agree with you on 4, I am going to try a different crop.

I can't wait to work on this some more with a better set up.

Also, I should mention... This was all done in camera except for basic RAW processing and a bit of cropping in GIMP to properly compose. My set up was so not desirable, but I know what I need to do to fix that.

It's so nice to finally be inspired again. I went through a really long creative rut.

Wow, that's very cool that I could inspire you to try something new!!
It's hard for me to C&C these kinda shots. I have a vision in my head of what I like. That doesn't mean that there isn't other ways to take abstracty flower shots.

Some hints on what I do.....I put my camera in manual focus and just go in and out til I see something that pops. After doing it for so long now, I can see what will work w/ out spending too much time. I've also figured out what flowers work best. It was fun learning and I hope you have fun on your journey too. Keep shooting.

Most reactions

Back