Impromptu Girl+Cars shoot

FattyMcJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had a BBQ with some friends on Sunday and I decided to call a local model to see if she'd come out & pose with the cars for fun. She agreed and these are a few of my favorites from the day. C&C is always welcome, good or bad. And yes, I know it's quite a few photos, it's hard to narrow it down to 2 or 3 lol

1)
ShaylaAndCar-0078-XL.jpg

2)
ShaylaAndCar-0056-XL.jpg

3)
ShaylaAndCar-0050-XL.jpg

4)
ShaylaAndCar-0048-XL.jpg

5)
ShaylaAndCar-0047-XL.jpg

6)
ShaylaAndCar-0033-XL.jpg

7)
ShaylaAndCar-0034-XL.jpg

8)
ShaylaAndCar-0025-XL.jpg

9)
ShaylaAndCar-0079-XL.jpg

10)
ShaylaAndCar-0004-XL.jpg

11)
ShaylaAndCar-0002-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Next time try a little harder. You're not doing any justice to her or those cars.

^^^what he said. Who cares about cars but how could you do the pretty lady like that. Perhaps invest in lighting and triggers. Bare minimum some reflectors may have helped at least with making her face pop.

strobist.com for help.

Alright, thank you for your opinions & taking the time to look ;)

... has anyone else seen the "shocker" in pic 4?:lol:

#6: I love the model's natural look, and especially the way she appears to actually own the car, instead of just be modeling for it. Plus the car looks awesome from that angle, imo.

About license plates: I noticed the license plates are untouched in these photos. As a long-time member of a popular BMW forum, I'm used to seeing plates blurred-out in online photos, mostly to preserve privacy. I wonder if there is a convention on this practice or any thoughts on the matter, from a photographer's position.

cute girls. decent location. decent cars. better then some work Ive seen. kinda wished you would have got her to throw up the shocker sign lol

As for the liscence plates I don't blur them unless someone asks me too. Most guys cars that are being photod are usually over the net, on there local car forum, known around town. even without the plate if your local to that area a guy could eventually dig up where the car was.

These photos are nearly all overexposed. The model has not learned how to pose with cars.

Shocker decal is right above the muffler

I believe he was attempting to be clever about not liking the photo(s)

NOOOOO! I wasn't being an ass, I do apologize if it came off that way. I thought the girl was covertly giving the "shocker" in the photo. I love little "easter eggs" like that.

The photos aren't bad. I do like number five the best out of the entire set. The model, while a very pretty girl, doesn't seem to have a lot of experience (I understand we all have to start somewhere). As a photographer, sometimes you have to direct new models during shoots.

Example: her outfit works really well for the truck shot. It's all "country" and is cohesive. When I think trucks, I think country. Pimped out Hondas and Subarus? Not so much. A bikini or something a little sexier would have worked much better for those shots.

It's also good to know how to pose models. Her most dynamic pose is in 10, but it's still lacking; her right side looks awkward.

Along with what the others have said, don't be afraid to take control of your shoot.

ETA: I zoomed on the wrong photo anyway. LOL

Last edited:
Next time try a little harder. You're not doing any justice to her or those cars.

These comments don't help anyone. I would ask that you either offer actual constructive criticism, or don't comment at all.

Example: her outfit works really well for the truck shot. It's all "country" and is cohesive. When I think trucks, I think country. Pimped out Hondas and Subarus? Not so much. A bikini or something a little sexier would have worked much better for those shots.

I agree with the truck/country-look comment. But, I think bikini-clad models posed with tuned cars are a little too cliche. Oh, I love girls in bikinis(!) - just kinda tired of seeing them posing with cars, I guess. That's my opinion.

Most reactions

Back