The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This Gurkha lady (from Nepal) ended up as my guide, taking me back along 7 miles of very dusty mountain paths to the town of Kalaw in central Burma. She spoke no English and read no Burmese (so my phrase book wasn't any use). We got along OK by drawing pictures in my notebook.

It was dry there in February; fine red dust was shin-deep on the larger paths where buffalo carts passed. There were ruts 2 feet deep made by cart wheels during the rainy season and the dust would hide this until I stepped into them.

This woman commuted up the mountain every day, carrying food and supplied to her family hill-top cafe in a tump-line knapsack. After I gave her $5 as a present for her children - I was told by the owner of my hotel that was about a week's revenue for the restaurant. Little wonder she was surprised and happy.

12413-KalawDSC_0096-083-Edit.jpg

I think I'm a contrast junky because again I like contrast here for the color. It must have been interesting to communicate through drawing!

Maybe so for the other one... No for this one? LOL You can tell me. ;)

nice shot, I must say I like the original better. Even though I like contrast too, this is a little too much. lol. The scenery is very natural and the edit post processing make it a little unnatural. That kind of contrast might be good for a studio shot but I don't think it work here. Just my 2 cents.

nice shot, I must say I like the original better. Even though I like contrast too, this is a little too much. lol. The scenery is very natural and the edit post processing make it a little unnatural. That kind of contrast might be good for a studio shot but I don't think it work here. Just my 2 cents.

You're right... I kept trying to make the background look like what it looks like when it's added contrast but not the guide. I am not that skilled. :( LOL

You're right... I kept trying to make the background look like what it looks like when it's added contrast but not the guide. I am not that skilled. :( LOL

Couldn't resist....thought Id play w/it a bit....

I just adjusted the exposure and the saturation a bit. It brightens it up, but I don't think it takes away from the natural beauty of the shot.

Couldn't resist....thought Id play w/it a bit....
I just adjusted the exposure and the saturation a bit. It brightens it up, but I don't think it takes away from the natural beauty of the shot.

Thanks for the involvement. Don't worry about giving in to temptation. I like seeing people rework my shots. It helps me see what else in in the picture.

Lew

Most reactions

Back