Impromptu kiddo and baby bump shoot

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This pregnancy has fallen by the wayside in terms of my photographing it. Had all the time in the world when my wife was pregnant with our first, but having a toddler to chase around kinda takes all my energy. I feel bad because I'm not going to have the same amount of photos to give this next baby down the road, but oh well, such is life.

In announcing the babies sex, we finally forced ourselves to get a couple photos of the baby bump with out daughter. Looking at the photos, you'd never know she was a screaming monster the entire morning before the shoot... These were my two favorites. Both shot with a D800, 24-70 @ f/3.2, ISO 100, 1/500 sec. Lighting was one Flashpoint strobe with a softbox and a gridded speedlight for fill.

Maeve and Mommys Tummy-8.jpg

Maeve and Mommys Tummy-7.jpg

Very nice! That first one is a great pose. "Screaming monster." I think you're making that up.

What a sweetheart she is!!! For me the first is the hands down winner.

I think all of these three are great shots in their own way. Imagine how these will be seen in the future .... precious family memories...

Wonderful set.

The simple gray shirts in matching style really add to this set

Great photos!
I can believe the screaming monster claim. The ones who look the cutest always have their flip side. I'm not too old to remember my own daughter at that age... and again as a teenager, too!

I think the last one is the best depiction of your daughter because she's smiling and engaged with her mom and with you/your camera. In the first one look at that face, she doesn't look like she's having fun at all. The younger they are the less likely posing will work as well as when kids are older; they probably don't yet quite get why you're having them do something (and I think that shows on her face). I think it's a better portrait when it portrays the personality like the last photo does so well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back