Improved site security

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We seem to get a lot of ad bots these days - far more than other larger forums it seems. Is there any way we can have the site security improved/upgraded to solve this problem?

I'd estimate that it automatically catches more spam posts than it lets though, and it already filters out a few legitimate posts here and there.

At the bottom of the forum page, it shows 78 spiders active on this site the last few minutes...

At the bottom of the forum page, it shows 78 spiders active on this site the last few minutes...
That's probably why this site does so well on Google. Several times, I've done a Google search, trying to find a answer for somebody, or just find out what they heck they are talking about...and the very thread on this forum, comes up in the top three results...after only a few minutes from being posted.

From what I recall Chase (original site founder) did very well optimising the site structure for google searches - so its no surprise that TPF is so popular on google

I'm a mod at one forum and an admin/owner of another. Thing s seem to work pretty well here, especially given the size of the site.

Dang. Suckered by the New guy boosting his post count. It's late and I'm tired.

I belong to a forum that requires everyone submit a 250 word essay. No bots, but plenty of elitism.

I belong to a forum that requires everyone submit a 250 word essay. No bots, but plenty of elitism.

A literacy requirement sounds very reasonable. I'm surprised you passed.:)

Works well except for that liteon0000 a-hole plugging sports links every other day.

Damned that overread bastard anyway... calling out the mods and complaining. How dare he? punkass.

Don't worry I just banned him for his dissent in the ranks

Most reactions

Back