In "astrodav's" wake - Poppies (many)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yippieh, I had the chance to take out the camera for fun once more, and not for work, and I had the chance to test my new lens out in the open and play with it a little there!

I had seen these poppies on the side of the road, next to the bike path, bordering on a field with rye, I think, for weeks and weeks, but never had the chance to stop and really take the pics I had wanted to take ever since I had seen "astrodav's" wonderful poppie photos on here.

I don't think mine are even remotely living up to those that inspired me - and not ONLY because the time to finally take these was almost up and I'd have almost missed the moment for this year...

Have a look for yourselves then ;)

mohnwiese1.jpg

mohnwiese2.jpg

3. Ah, yes, well, this is a bit of play with apertures and DOF of the new lens ;)
mohnwiese3.jpg

mohnwiese4.jpg

mohnwiese5.jpg

5a - and hey, I like what the new lens gives me, this is a crop from the above picture:
mohnwiese5acrop.jpg

mohnwiese6.jpg

At f1.8, DOF is decidedly shallow, something I have to learn how to use to its best effect as yet.

But it felt good to be out again and take "some green photos", of the kind that at least nabero was missing to see on here (so she said somewhere else).

Have fun! :D

Pretty stuff. Very nice comp and colors. You probably already knew that though? I like 5 and 5a. Great work!

Dang...those are beautiful. Those up close shots show how thin the petals are. very cool!

Oh, thank you to the two of you!
Do I know they are well composed? Well, no, I don't. I tried, of course, but after having tried, it does feel good to hear that someone else appreciates my attempts, too.

And yes, one petal is even a bit see-through, isn't it. I was fascinated. :D

one,4 and five are my favorites!

good eye for how that new lens will blur stuff! i haven't been shooting too much stuff wide open lately, but it sure is fun. and its really quite pleasing to my eye, blurred areas looks so organic and natural in these! in the first one i kind of want to see the same shot, but without the bloom, just the out of focus stems.

GOOD JOB LA FOTO!

to me, and improvement on 5 would be to pluck the flower, or push it down out of the frame, but keep the focus where it was.

LaFoto! These are great! I'm seriously having trouble picking a fav. However, I keep stopping on #5. I love the lines by the plants and what not. So I'm sorry but so far this comment is proving to be pretty worthless as far as crit goes but, I'm stuck at work and well... can't really focus on anything, including work. I wanted to make sure and say that.. I love this set. Can I frame #5 can call it mine? Just Kidding!

I can say that I'm not a fan of 3. It seems flat to me. I am having a hard time putting my thumb on what would make it better or what I don't like about it. I think for me the focus is fighting for attention with the out of focus stuff at the top. Hopefully that makes sense. Sorry this is all so odd. Apparently my ability to create actual thoughts today is lacking.

very nice series
#6 is a beauty

Most reactions

Back