In Flight

Anubis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bryanmansell.co.uk
inflight_mansell2006.jpg

Small fly in flight.

I don't think it is a wasp... it is quite difficult to shoot a wasp when your running in circles flapping your arms like a girl :p

I'll find out tomorrow when I get my wildlife identification guide back from my girfriend's house.

I hope you saved your best "In Flight" shot for this month's TPF Photo Challenge!!!

This one may well be a hover fly who camouflage themselves like wasps to keep birds from eating them. (Or so?)

LaFoto said:
I hope you saved your best "In Flight" shot for this month's TPF Photo Challenge!!!

This one may well be a hover fly who camouflage themselves like wasps to keep birds from eating them. (Or so?)

Hi LaFoto,

I suspect it is a hoverfly too.

I didn't know about the photo challenge, I think I have one or two more in flight shots of various creatures. Can you give me the link to the challenge please?

Thanks!

Top of the forums - on the index page. Can't really be missed.

How did I miss that, right at the top!? Must be time to change my contact lenses :p

I looked through my folder and the one I just posted was the best of the bunch :(

Oh well, maybe nextime!

That's a nice capture for sure. We have those annoying hoverflies up here, too. The darn things even whine on the rare occasions they're sitting still.

Most reactions

Back