IN-Freakin'-Credible Find!

...........An update: A columnist for our local newspaper contacted me this morning and wants to use the photos and my story for her column next Sunday. Cool!

Don't forget about us 'little people'.
fiufiu.gif

Already working on my speech, sparky:
"First, I'd like to thank my friends and mentors at TPF, because without them, I wouldn't be here..." :lmao:

Being published in *my* local paper is slightly more distinguishable an honor than having your hand-me-downs selected for resale at Goodwill. :lol: But I'm easily encouraged...

Beautiful shots! He was waiting for you :)

Beautiful shots! He was waiting for you :)

Thanks. He did seem to enjoy showing off for me, though I kept wishing he'd go catch himself some fish. :D

It's also interesting that so far, everyone else who has reported seeing it, has seen it in a different spot from where it was when I found it. They've all seen it down at the dam, floating in the tailwaters of the dam--I'd have never seen it if it there, because I didn't bother to stop at that dam. So it does seem like it knew where I was going to be driving by to see it.

According to the TN Ornithological Society experts, the last two brown pelicans sighted around here were one in 2004, and before that, in 1937! So yeah...pretty rare, indeed! There were also a couple spotted a bit further south close to Chattanooga in the past decade. Oh, and one was spotted this weekend in western North Carolina as well.

Last edited:
Nice! I do not understand the sign. What is it saying?

Slow "No Wake" ............Cool photos and story indeed !

^Yep, that. It's a pole very near the boat launch area, so it's denoting the "no wake" area of the cove.

Makes me realize though, that I should probably have cropped the words completely out on all of them or left enough of the pole in to see the rest of it. I was just focused on getting as cropped in on the pelican as I could without losing sharpness, and I was so anxious to post them and then get to bed that I didn't pay much attention.

Great shots! I love the set.

Kevin

Most reactions

Back