In Germany: Lunar Eclipse at 11:20, 11:50, 12:20 and 12:50

Love that first shot at 11:20pm. Very mystical and romantic!

I believe you are using the same lens as me? On mine the infinity setting is actually past infinity. The best techniqui is to find the brightest star you can see and manually focus on it, take a shot, review how sharp it is and adjust a tiny bit. When you have a trus infinity focus set lock the focus with a peice of insulation tape. :thumbup:

Chris, if only I knew how to fix the focus, I can't seem to do so... with tape you say you do it? Hmph...

But at the full eclipse it was so dark in the view finder and my eyes were so strained, I really could not see anything any more...Everything was blurred, even when I checked the photo on the screen, I could not get anything sharp any more with my eyes... :roll: Stupid old age...!

And then that tripod of mine :roll: ... it really is nothing but a piece of scrap. Grrr :irked:. And my lens, the Sigma DG 70-300mm 1:4,5.6 is not really good, either... so this was all I could get, and I am happy I did ... all during the day the thick clouds did not budge for even once so I was getting prepared for something grand like this eclipse to happen "behind closed clouds", as it were. So I am happy it made itself VISIBLE to me, that was what counted most.

Wow! That is amazing Corinna. Didn't see a single thin gup this way - which is quite a shame.

This makes me wish I had a better digital camera. None of the pictures I tried to take of the eclipse came out very well (not to mention I only have a 3x optical zoom...grr). Hopefully, the film ones will turn out better.

Anyway, this is an excellent shot...well worth a crick in the neck.
:)

thanks for sharing - too overcast here to enjoy it.
:)

You managed to get some cool shots there. I tried from where I am, and I couldn't get a good focal point :(. Well done with yours.

After I have found this thread again (note that it is from last year's lunar eclipse!), I feel there is no need for me to get up at 4 and try to find the moon behind the thick cloud cover tonight...!

and tonight.. clouds clouds everywhere :(

Lucky you!
I woke at 4:45, and knew tonight's eclipse would still be (partly) on, but I couldn't make myself rise from my bed. I just felt I would rise only to be greeted by clouds, so I thought, what the ... you know.

Most reactions

Back