In honor of... CC

Shared, I like number 3 the best given the age of the model. You can interpret the flag on the shoulder in so many creative ways....

I can see it as the weight of the safety of our freedoms lie with those who serve, I can see it as shouldering the defense of our country, I do not see it as a slight at all. The flag is being respected in my opinion.

Thank you for sharing!

Just FYI. Her mother loved them. The sexy look that is just shy. Her personality do I like it as her aunt no... Her idea for the pics were modern pin up. We missed the mark no doubt.

I'm not sure what I said that offended you, lol, but saying things like "JUST FYI" leads me to believe that you are upset. If you don't like the things that people are saying, and everyone on your end liked the pictures, what was the point of posting the pictures anyway? And I don't think that telling us that the idea was "modern pin up" will help your case. :(

according to the constitution even just having falgs that are not full sized (like having one that goes in a stake in the ground) is also disrespectful so i gaurantee at one point everyone has disrespected the flag... so i feel no one has the right to judge.

i am 14 too and even i feel they are too "sexy" which when dealing with the flag is not ok

I like the third, it seems sincere.
Personal views hinder true photographic critique.

hugadinosaur said:
I'm not sure what I said that offended you, lol, but saying things like "JUST FYI" leads me to believe that you are upset. If you don't like the things that people are saying, and everyone on your end liked the pictures, what was the point of posting the pictures anyway? And I don't think that telling us that the idea was "modern pin up" will help your case. :(

Wasn't offended not trying to be snarky with the just FYI...

according to the constitution even just having falgs that are not full sized (like having one that goes in a stake in the ground) is also disrespectful
Where, in the U.S. Constitution, is this?

according to the constitution even just having falgs that are not full sized (like having one that goes in a stake in the ground) is also disrespectful
Where, in the U.S. Constitution, is this?
no clue read it in my us history book... ill look it up after new years when i go back to school... and since this is a photo forum ill take pictures of it to prove it...

I think image #3 is your best attempt at honoring your husband. The first two seem off, like in a cheesy pin-up kind of way and given her age it just seems...off. I'm sincerely not trying to be rude. I just don't know how else to say it. You've said before you've been doing portraits for 10 years and you wore the uniform for 8. I think you should get your creative juices flowing and come up with a more innocent and endearing concept. Perhaps something on location? And the use of the flag...I'm not even touching that subject with a ten foot flagpole.

Shared Memories... not to be rude... but my girlfriend saw those pics.. and used the word "slutty" concerning #1 and #2. Many of us seem to feel that way, and are dancing around using that strong of an expression. There is a very strong "Come On" look and attitude (far too advanced for most of the 14 year old's I know) in #1 and #2... I am really surprised you can't see it. Maybe you are just to close to the subject.

I think image #3 is your best attempt at honoring your husband. The first two seem off, like in a cheesy pin-up kind of way and given her age it just seems...off. I'm sincerely not trying to be rude. I just don't know how else to say it. You've said before you've been doing portraits for 10 years and you wore the uniform for 8. I think you should get your creative juices flowing and come up with a more innocent and endearing concept. Perhaps something on location? And the use of the flag...I'm not even touching that subject with a ten foot flagpole.

i see what you did there ;)

I appreciate all of your comments and the discussion that these pictures have caused, Maybe I am too close to my neice to think that she was trying to be sexy, or what ever you wanna call it.I know that some of you are offended and for that I am sorry. I have been doing photography for 10 years, but mainly newborns and family. I am still learning this aspect of photography and most of my years in photography were in a studio that set everything for you... So with that being said, please accept my apologies. My family and my neice love the pictures and see nothing wrong with them, we dont see sexy we see Shy. I wonder though if some of the feelings owuld have been different had I not mentioned her age. Anyway Thank you all for the comments. I really do read them and appreciate and understand that everyone can have there own opinions. I have always said I wanted my work to create emotion and well it got emotion just not the right kind.

I appreciate all of your comments and the discussion that these pictures have caused, Maybe I am too close to my neice to think that she was trying to be sexy, or what ever you wanna call it.I know that some of you are offended and for that I am sorry. I have been doing photography for 10 years, but mainly newborns and family. I am still learning this aspect of photography and most of my years in photography were in a studio that set everything for you... So with that being said, please accept my apologies. My family and my neice love the pictures and see nothing wrong with them, we dont see sexy we see Shy. I wonder though if some of the feelings owuld have been different had I not mentioned her age. Anyway Thank you all for the comments. I really do read them and appreciate and understand that everyone can have there own opinions. I have always said I wanted my work to create emotion and well it got emotion just not the right kind.

Well, I can tell you that I glanced at the photos before reading your description, and didn't realize she was 14 until reading someone else's response. Having said that, I assumed the girl was much older based on the poses. The first one is definitely a more seductive pose. Thumb through a Victoria's Secret catalog, and you'll see numerous girls tossing their hair in that manner, and if anyone here is an expert on Victoria's Secret catalog's its me :) The second photo is provocative in the sense that it appears as though the girl is inviting you to look at her chest by opening her shirt. I don't see anything wrong with the third one for what its worth, I think its the best of the set. As far as a technical critique, I think I saw where people mentioned that the lighting was a tad flat. If you are handy with photoshop, you could add a gradient overlay to the images to move the light around and brighten them up alittle, although I don't think the third one needs it. Also, not sure if this was mentioned, but I find the wrinkle in the flag in the first photo that's just above her left hand to be distracting. Again, that's an easy photoshop fix.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on them, and for what its worth, I at least tried to describe why I saw the first two shots as provocative. My opinion doesn't matter though, and neither does anyone else's on here. As long as you, your husband, and everyone else involved are happy, then who cares.

Shared Memories... not to be rude... but my girlfriend saw those pics.. and used the word "slutty" concerning #1 and #2. Many of us seem to feel that way, and are dancing around using that strong of an expression. There is a very strong "Come On" look and attitude (far too advanced for most of the 14 year old's I know) in #1 and #2... I am really surprised you can't see it. Maybe you are just to close to the subject.

There are models, and young ones at that, that are paid well to present a certain look. Think Victoria's Secret where some highly successful models have been the same age as this model. I don't really beleive that many think that those young girls posing in bras and panties consider them 'slutty'. In fact, if this girl had less on then she does, there just might have been some hounds posting on this thread making lewd comments or asking to see more.

(posting at same time as guy above...glad to see there are some objective thinkers...)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back