The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bhumibol Adulyadej 5 December 1927 – 13 October 2016), conferred with the title King Bhumibol the Great in 1987,[1][2][3][4] was the ninth monarch of Thailand from the Chakri Dynasty as Rama IX. Having reigned since 9 June 1946, he was, at the time of his death, the world's longest-serving head of stateand the longest-reigning monarch in Thai history, serving for 70 years, 126 days.

Thailand has laws against Lèse-majesté , offending or harming the dignity of the king - and this is taken very, very seriously. Images of the King are displayed virtually everywhere and woe to the tourist or ex-patriate who says something that can be construed as offensive to the King or the royal family.

upload_2016-10-17_10-16-26.png

Since for the vast majority of the Thais, King Bhumipol is the only ruler they have ever known and he is held in such high esteem that his death is an enormous blow to the country, as if their collective beloved father has died.

From all accounts he was a wise and intelligent man, the future may not be as calm.

upload_2016-10-17_10-26-8.png

I know this post is about 2 weeks old (been out of commission recently) but I appreciate it. I knew HM hadn't been doing well for years and was surprised at how upset I was when I heard of his passing. He was truely loved by the people. I still remember when his Mother passed and going to pay my respects at the Grand Palace with my family.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back