in honor of veterans

Shadowbox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to volunteer myself to the local veterans hospital and do portraits of these old time veterans and create a small story with their images and post it online & also create a nice big print out for their rooms and then a book with all of their images/stories for their families. How do I go about getting permission from the veterans hospital to do this? I can't just walk in and start taking photos. Thanks

Go to the veterans hospital and present them with a proposal.

I think that's a wonderful idea and very thoughtful of you. I would suggest starting with the hospitals marketing or hr department. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Thank you! It's one of the reasons I became interested in photography and I love these faces, they have so much written into them and such stories to tell. We have a great VA home here, and there is a river across the street. I see one veteran in a wheelchair fishing often. I know I am not a great photographer but I think they will still like it.

"I am woman, hear me roar."

whaaat.jpg

challengeaccapted.jpg

fap.jpg

JK!!! ;)

Nice idea! We don't have the big "veteran" thing in Norway, but I wish we had. Our wars haven't been as big as yours, but showing the veterans people care is wonderful!

Shadowbox said:
Thank you! It's one of the reasons I became interested in photography and I love these faces, they have so much written into them and such stories to tell. We have a great VA home here, and there is a river across the street. I see one veteran in a wheelchair fishing often. I know I am not a great photographer but I think they will still like it.

I'm sure they would love them, especially since it's coming from your heart. The ones of the fisherman would be nice. Maybe you should do a calendar or a maybe make a collage and have a few framed. Nothing fancy but something that can hang in the hospital to remind everyone there they that are appreciated.

compaq, my signature says that because people think I am a man based on my screenname. Good idea mrstravis, I will do that maybe instead!

Most reactions

Back