In liquify

meganc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I saw in a video that you can like, do something that looks like a layer mask with the transparent red paint, that you put over areas that you don't want to get affected, anyone know what I'm talking about? If you do, how do you do that? I don't think I explained it very well and I can't find the video again...sorry lol.

Are you talking about photoshop? Then maybe you mean quick masking...?

Ohh yeah...forgot to mention in photoshop.
Uhh I don't know, it was in liquify, but it looked like that.
If I sound completely stupid, sorry haha.

No problem!
You are sure it was in liquify?
What was the point? As in, what were they trying to achieve by painting things red?

I know that you can make a quick mask to select things, and for that you paint everything red.

I'm going to open up PS, and investigate :)

Yeah I was pretty sure it was.
In example, they'd paint around the nose red and 'fix' the nose, but the red around it made it so that area wasn't affected, get what I'm saying?
I'll go try to see if I can find a video with it in there again.

Here's one:
At about 30 seconds is where they do it, on her lips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat! Yup, you are right, it is in liquify :)

It is pretty much the same as quick masking, but only affects what you do inliquify mode. You paint areas that you want to remain unaffected by the liquification tools.
There are two tools on the left dedicated to it - basically a brush (Freeze Mask Tool) and eraser (Thaw Mask Tool). then you can use the menu at the right to play with the masking options.

This looks like it could be fun... :D

Photoshop never ceases to amaze me...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back