Mgw189

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
3419168664_73eef81a50.jpg

This incident took place less than 2 miles from where I live. I took a ride by there today and saw all of the flowers that have been being dropped off the since yesterday afternoon. The stairs to the building are also full of flowers and balloons.

Wow, that hit pretty close to home. I hope all of your friends and family are ok.

Thanks for the pic.

this is touching... nice job :)

can i ask how you do selective coloring with more than one color? do you do this in photoshop? I know how to do it in photoshop with just one color, but I taught myself so it could be that I don't know the proper way.

Thanks.

Very nicely done. Its amazing how one is left feeling when something of this nature hits so close to home.

this is touching... nice job :)

can i ask how you do selective coloring with more than one color? do you do this in photoshop? I know how to do it in photoshop with just one color, but I taught myself so it could be that I don't know the proper way.

Thanks.

Two layers one full color the other black and white set the black and white to the top layer then erase what you would like color.

Wow, that hit pretty close to home. I hope all of your friends and family are ok.

Thanks for the pic.

Yes all of my friends and family are fine. One of our old neighbors mothers was killed there though. I had no real connection with them or her but still hits close to home as you said.

Dont know if it has made it to national news or not yet but the local news tv station here received a letter from the shooter today. The letter contained his license, pistol permit and pictures of him holding the guns. The letter was full of him stating that police were harassing him and his depression regarding his life since he lost his job.

Two layers one full color the other black and white set the black and white to the top layer then erase what you would like color.

A better way to do it is to add a saturation layer and desaturate the image to black and white, then add a mask to it and paint where you would like to show/reveal the desaturation. It's easier to do this way because you can choose how you want to start (all hidden, or all revealed) and it's easier to un-do if you make a mistake by simply hitting x to toggle black/white, and then paint the opposite of whatever you just did.

There has definitely been an upsurge in mass violence of late. There are number of theories which might explain the reasons. It is a sad situation for sure.

This photo does nothing for me to convey those thoughts of grievance for those innocent victims and their families. The signage doesn't indicate the message of the massacre nor does the selective coloring of the flowers. It tells me nothing.

While I do appreciate the magnitude of the situation and the close proximity in which you find yourself, I would rather see the human element.

There has definitely been an upsurge in mass violence of late. There are number of theories which might explain the reasons. It is a sad situation for sure.

This photo does nothing for me to convey those thoughts of grievance for those innocent victims and their families. The signage doesn't indicate the message of the massacre nor does the selective coloring of the flowers. It tells me nothing.

While I do appreciate the magnitude of the situation and the close proximity in which you find yourself, I would rather see the human element.

I agree with what you are saying... The weather here was really poor today and this one of the few shots I got. The weather doesnt appear to be getting any better the rest of the week either. I would like to take some more time there and take some more meaningful images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back