In Memory Of....

flashbackpat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This photo has a bit of a story behind it. The dog belongs to one of the doctors in the veterinary practice where I work. Last fall he was diagnosed with a brain tumor after a series of seizures led to an MRI. The doctors gave him an estimated 6 months.

I wanted to do something nice for his owner as we were all terribly saddened by his diagnosis. I took my camera to work and in my spare time took several shots of him. He is a difficult dog to capture as he has exactly 2 expressions...."Duh, what's up doc & Where's my dinner?"
I finally caught him in a relaxed moment and this is the result. I framed an 8 x 10 version and presented it to his owner as a gift. She was very touched by the gesture and said it captured his personality perfectly.

DSC_0003a16JPGe.jpg

The dog is still doing well after 9 months and we all pray that he continues to hang in there.

Just felt like sharing :)

Awww such a touching story. That was such a nice and thoughtful thing for you to do. I love his expression. You did a great job.

It looks like the shot I have of my dog before he died. It's truly amazing how much of an effect a dog can have on someone. I'd love to post it but I don't want to take this away from you. You did a great job capturing the unconditional love dogs give you. Made me think of all the good times I had with mine.

The perfect dog portrait - no better way in saying it.

Thank you everyone for all the kind comments. This (to me) is what photography is all about. The photo itself isn't as sharp as I would have liked, but the recipient was thrilled with it and that is what counts.

Most reactions

Back