in need of advice...

ctudball

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I've been interested in photography since I was a kid. I also had creative images in my head but since my family didn't have a lot of money, I could never afford a camera. I still don't have a lot of money now, I'm married and we are expecting our first child in May. We have a tight budget but I want to be able to capture all of my child's moments. I was looking at a GE Power Pro X500, is this is good stater camera or no? I found it on Amazon for only $139, please help! I need opinions!
[h=1][/h]

NO! Please don't buy that! I see a LOT of complaints about the GE crap. GE builds appliances and locomotives. Not cameras... It's junk. Stick to the known camera makers (and not Kodak either, they produce a bunch of iffy stuff these days. Canon, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic and fuji are all pretty good bets. For the price range you are in it's pretty slim pickin's but they are going to be much better than the GE.

I was looking at this camera for my daughter's Christmas present not to long ago, Many of the reviews were mixed stating for the most part that the camera's performance is slow and its not that great of an indoor camera without a flash, otherwise its not to bad, I seetled on a Nikon S8100 which is a better camera that I got for the same price, I got a really good deal on it.
You should look it up on Google for the reviews to see what you can get, If you realy look around you can find some good deals this time year.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back