in need of some criticism or something

shorty6049

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this photo indoors under cloudy skies , I dont know if the flowers are too blown out or what... They are naturally light but i did lighten them a little bit trying to make it "pop" a little... I dont know , sometimes i feel like I dont know what i'm doing with this whole photography thing, like everyone elses pictures look more professional than mine in some way that i cant put my finger on. any comments, criticism, complements, whatever would be greatly appreciated:hail:
editedflowersharpenedhue.jpg

"Indoors under cloudy skies" :scratch: --- don't get that one. :wink:

Anyhow: I think this frame is too full.
So cropping seems to be necessary ... so you lose all those flowers on the very borders which are half cropped, anyway, and so you lose anything that is distracting, like those flowers who are gone already ... I mean ... wilted, old, dead, gone.
And with the new crop (losing quite a bit of the surrounding green as well), you might evaluate the "new photo's" levels or curves again and see how you can retain the detail in the flower in focus and still have it pop.

But I guess that with a good many distracting things gone it will pop easily.

May I try to crop like I imagine it could work?

the histogram says its blown out...but its only that one flower in the lower left thats causing the sharp spike in the right

was it normally colored in the original?

oh yeah...and as for comments, its not a horrible picture. the sharp flower has framing which adds to the composition. the colors ARE a bit unreal, and i think it looks alright...but im not sure im the best person to take opinions from on the subject. i turn people into zombies on ps

i would fix that one flower though. it looks sad :(

go ahead and photoshop it if you want everyone, also, when i said indoors under cloudy skies, the reason for that was it was at the mall of america, they're having a flower show right now in thier amusement park area which has mostly skylights for the ceiling. also, the original flower was a little darker but not a whole lot, i'll try posting the original so you can compare. thanks for the comments so far

(by the way, the first version of it had a dead flower next to the main flower which i photoshopped out )

i think... that the other flowers are too close to being IN focus... its hard to tell for sure which one is the main point of the picture... ya know what i mean?

yeah, i know what you mean, i could try and blur those a little i spose

other than that... i dont care what people say about its originality. i think its a beautiful picture. and whether a picture has been taken before or not does not matter. unless your doing it as a career the only picture that matters is the one you see through your eyes that you wish to capture on print so you can remember it more vividly in 10 years than you would have otherwise.

I think if you focus very closely on one and let the rest of them become the blurry background, for the most part, you will have a winning shot.

The MEGAMALL... Fat Tuesday's comes to mind...

yeah, they actually closed that place a couple years ago, now its just a vacant room that nobody's bought ... i remember when i was younger though always seeing the fat tuesdays sign from the screaming yellow eagle ride...

I think cropping it helps a lot. It is a little less busy that way and allows you to be drawn to the main flower.
This was just a quick one, but how about this:

editedflowersharpenedhue-2.jpg

How come the edit I created when this thread was only brandnew never got uploaded ... something must have distracted me ... "life", maybe??? Whoa! Imagine!

Well, this was my idea of an edit, with some cropping, selectively darkening the highlights in the flower in focus, and making the remaining background less prominent, i.e. darker:

shorty6049_editedflowersharpenedhue.jpg

thanks everyone, those all look really good!, i just have to learn a little more about distracting things i guess... its one thing i never really think about in my photography until someone points it out. becasue, I know what my subject is,and where to look, but that doesnt necessarily apply to EVERYONE because they dont know the intent, if that makes sense

Most reactions

New Topics

Back