In need of some help!

greatestfix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking to purchase a new camera and the have different perks, so I need your help in deciding on the perfect camera.
1.Nikon D40x DSLR Camera w/Nikon 10.2 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX Lens for 699.99 and for 49.95 you get Nikon D40x Digital SLR Two-Lens Bonus Outfit (18-55/55-200)

2.Canon Rebel XTi SLR Digital Camera 10.1w/EF-S 18-55mm II Lens, black for 649.99

3.Olympus EVOLT E-510 Digital SLR Camera 10 w/Olympus 14-42mm Lens for 599.99 and for 99.99 you get a 40-50mm AF zoom

Which deal would you get and why? And thanks for your help in advance.:confused:

I would go with either the Canon or the Nikon, depending on which feels better in your hands.

I went with a Nikon D40x with 18-55 lens, and while I am planning to buy a 55-200 VR lens, the 18-55 mm is a great lens to learn on.

Try using both the Canon and the Nikon and see which feel better in your hands, and which one you prefer. Then, base your decision on that over price.

One thing to remember about the Nikon, is that it does not focus with all lenses, only those with autofocus built in. See my thread that lists all the autofocus lenses for the D40/D40x/D60. Other than that, I think its a great camera.

I'm a Nikon shooter, but don't overlook the new Sony (?) (used to be Minolta) A-100 or A-700. Apparantly they are quite good bang for the buck.

Virtually all these cameras in this price range are quite compatible with each other. This one has that, that one has the the other. In the end, you have to decide what feels good in your hand and what compromises you are willing to accept. That's the bottom line.

I just bought the Canon XTi. I'm still a total greenhorn but what sold me was when I held it in my hand.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back