In reguards to my last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoelNTexas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
#1. The girls spent all day on a blowup waterslide we rented for their birthday party / sleepover.
#2. The mother was here
#3. My fiance and a couple of the mothers helped them play with hair and makeup
#4. It wasnt just a shoot they wanted, I am also a magazine designer and the shoot was because they wanted to make their own little pretend fashion magazine.
#5. The fact that I have to explain to grown adults why a young person was wearing something something most wear to public swimming areas and I just added a few lights and now it becomes inappropriate is absolutely ridiculous.

Unfortunately I was unable to post before the thread was closed, but the mods have decided that there is NOTHING wrong with the image and said I may repost if I wished. I do not wish to hear your feedback and am not posting this in an apologetic manor. The fact that you can not view a younger person in swimming attire without thinking it inspires "impure" thoughts and flagging it as inappropriate makes me question your own judgement and thoughts. My advice to you is close your account on facebook and instagram, stay out of clothing and department stores/magazines and do not visit any public swimming areas if this "bothers" you.

#1. The girls spent all day on a blowup waterslide we rented for their birthday party / sleepover.
#2. The mother was here
#3. My fiance and a couple of the mothers helped them play with hair and makeup
#4. It wasnt just a shoot they wanted, I am also a magazine designer and the shoot was because they wanted to make their own little pretend fashion magazine.
#5. The fact that I have to explain to grown adults why a young person was wearing something something most wear to public swimming areas and I just added a few lights and now it becomes inappropriate is absolutely ridiculous.

Unfortunately I was unable to post before the thread was closed, but the mods have decided that there is NOTHING wrong with the image and said I may repost if I wished. I do not wish to hear your feedback and am not posting this in an apologetic manor. The fact that you can not view a younger person in swimming attire without thinking it inspires "impure" thoughts and flagging it as inappropriate makes me question your own judgement and thoughts. My advice to you is close your account on facebook and instagram, stay out of clothing and department stores/magazines and do not visit any public swimming areas if this "bothers" you.
clapping-orson-wells_zpsbfcd76cd.gif

I missed the excitement but, you got flagged over kids in swimsuits?
That's .... odd.

There was a discussion about the propriety of photographing younger women in swimsuits, what role context plays, and how we feel about this as a society.

Then it got a little heated, because some people can't keep a lid on their emotions.

Then it got locked.

It was a case of people over reacting as always on this forum!

Last edited:
flow said:
I missed the excitement but, you got flagged over kids in swimsuits?
That's .... odd.

You missed a glorious thread. It ended up being 7 pages of comedic gold. I thought about jumping in in and trolling, but the sheer amount of absurd comments would just make my trolling seem like white noise. Check the thread out if you get a chance. It is well worth the read. I would post a link to it, but I have no idea how to from my phone.

That is fine, but I would have kept it off the Internet. From a mothers point of view.

That is fine, but I would have kept it off the Internet. From a mothers point of view.
I still don't understand why. From a father's point of view.
My daughter doesn't understand why either. From a mother's point of view.

We've been trying hard to figure out what the actual harm is. From any point of view.

I still don't understand why. From a father's point of view.
My daughter doesn't understand why either. From a mother's point of view.

We've been trying hard to figure out what the actual harm is. From any point of view.
We can just agree to disagree on this one. We were all raised differently and I am sure some of us are just more sensitive to this then others. No big deal.

I will re-post my theory, which is that it's the last vestige of the "pictures steal my soul" superstition. I feel it, but I recognize the irrationality of it. Regardless of the origins, the fact is that it's deeply embedded in our society, and you gotta deal with it. It's there. Just because it's irrational, just because you don't feel it, doesn't mean it ain't there.

Society will punish you for violations of the irrational rules, if anything, more severely than for violations of the rules that make sense.

Society's a funny thing, it's full of irrational stuff. And, as a bonus, we're all soaking in it.

The only thing that came to my mind when I saw the photos [I'm 57] was....gee, little girls have come a long way since I was a kid, meaning the poses and makeup were a bit mature for the age group. To make a big stink about it though and from an, I think someone in the other thread used the term, "impure thoughts" is just absurd. Society today really needs to chill out a bit and focus on whats really important. I hate to think what this world will be like in another ten years.

Glad you decided to weigh in here Noel.
it doesn't appear that you are looking to debate the subject further in this thread (correct me if i am wrong) so I think it is best if we simply leave it at what has been said already, since I do not think anyone is going to change how they feel.
I look forward to seeing more of your shoots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back