In the Last Year

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Have you improved your photography in the last year?

How have you improved?

How did you bring about this change?

I don't think I have. I feel downright stuck just now. 2008 has been quite limited for me in its photo opportunities. If it weren't for the droplet series I took in February (which went into an exhibition, too), I would call 2008 most unsuccessful, photographywise. Also I feel that everyone else's photos from the Big North Germany TPF Meet-Up were a lot better than mine, so go figure. All of which may well account for the impression I'm getting about myself that I haven't improved at all. :(

Yeah I've improved my photography.

I improved most respects simultaneously.

I thought for a long time about how I wanted to shoot my photos in order to make them look the way that I wanted. Then I took a few, making sure to do the things I had thought about.

Yeah, I think I've improved. I mean, although I didn't start taking photography a bit more seriously until about 2 years ago, I've improved a lot. I have a lot more of a keen eye for things that are or could be very appealing and photogenic, and I try a lot of experimentation to see what I get.

Yep, I've gotten better. My workflow has gotten vastly better, making more efficient and producing more better final images. I've gotten better at composing rapidly, meaning less cropping, and better images generally. I feel like I'm finally reaching a nice balance of wide and telephoto, whereas I used to tend towards one or the other for long stretches.

A little I think, but not to any spectacular degree - certainly not to the "taking it to another level" kind of improvement.

How have you improved?

My ability to use PS primarily - 12 months ago I was just finishing a short course which taught me the basics, now I use them to perhaps a more competent degree.

Hopefully I'm a little more confident about taking shots and not worrying about people round me.

Shooting more in the main and I would also say going on the TPF Germany Meet-Up - it's kind of infectious when you're surrounded by people who'll point a camera at the daftest things.

Pretty sure I improved. I didn't know a thing about ISO, aperture, exposure, composition, manual modes of a camera, white balance, metering, composition, blah, blah.

I had a 2 mp Fuji 2650 from 2001 and I shot it a lot over the years. Though I didn't actively think about composition, I like stuff that I did with that fully auto point and shoot. I took photos of stuff and scenes that I thought looked good without any thought of how the camera will expose it or the rule of thirds or anything.

I bought my first manual camera last year for Christmas. I started learning all that stuff I listed starting last year at this time. If I haven't improved, then I should just go toss my camera off a cliff and not even think of the future when I will be trading up for my first dSLR.

Technical phtographing wise, probably not. Post processing, yes. Spent more time actually reading the manual for Photoshop and learned a few things.

Well I have only been shooting for about a year. But I think my biggest change is I have learned enough to know how much I suck. I am looking forward to 2009 to really step up my game.

Well my 400D has only just had its first birthday - so I am going to say that I have improved a heck of a lot over the last year - though in no small part to a big investment in extra kit - I still don't know if my basic skills have improved far enough yet or if the kit is giving me a bit of extra support ( I know the IS certainly is).

At this point in time I am not where I want to be, nor am I 100% certain how to get from where I am now and where I wish to be (nor am I 100% certain where I want to head towards*). I am hopefull though and I think with another years practise I might start to remember half of what I know in theory in the field and start getting more consistant results. Still a lot to explore so a lot to keep me going

*similar things can also be said of my life at the moment

I've changed. Hard to say if it's for the better. My style has started to include other interesting elements. Improvement I'll leave to the critics. I personally like the change.

The change is brought about by natural progression and trying new things.

How have you improved?

In regards to enjoying photography, I believe I have. Since I haven't had time to dedicate to photography, I have accepted that fact and in turn less critical of my work er.. hobby. This has allowed me to take a more laid back approach... I am more relaxed..

From a technical and artistic standpoint, I don't believe so. Again... not enough time to dedicate. Maybe a slight improvement in my understanding of the whole strobist thing... it was a new venture for me and I am enjoying my "budget" kit. There is so many ways to improve a photo with creative lighting it is mind boggling.... it's a new world past beyond just available light.

I've improved, but I started at somewhere near zero, so improving was easy. Within the last year, I got my first DSLR and began to read a lot about technique and composition. I also started taking lots of photos and learning quite a bit by trial and error. I still take very few shots that rise above mediocrity, but occasionally now I get one that I'm quite happy with.

I dont think I have improved at all, but pretty much stayed the same. Lately, Im just a little bored of it, and need something new to try. :er:

Most reactions

Back